Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WiFi question

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    So, you need to be in a WiFi hotspot to access the Internet
    Read through the reviews. Great price at $74.99 but you are getting what you are paying for. Also only has 4GB Capacity. For comparison, the "old" Kindle Fire, as well as Nook have 8GB and the smallest iPad has 16GB.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks lisa, a friend of mine who I sent the same link to said pretty much exactly what you said, lol........

I too have a Netbook, smartphone and other devices but can tell you from our most recent trip. I was all over the island and not once did I need purchased w-fi. Maybe I was lucky, but from San Nicolas to Palm Beach, there are plenty of free spots. But then again, if you want to added insurance to have it when you want it, a supplemental wi-fi is your best bet. btw, I even went to the Setar office and after looking at what was available, I decided to take my chances.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was just concerned because I only really want to use it at the gold coast townhomes. I just wanted to check email, do a little surfing on the net in my down time between the beach and going out or in the morning with my coffee. otherwise, I don't really care if it works around. It would be great to work at the airport if there's a time lapse between arriving and your flight but that's still no biggie. I wouldn't take it with me when I went around because I have enough problems having to carry a purse, let alone something else. lol

Aruba since 1979
    could u tell us a few of the free hot spot locations ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunscreen View Post
    I too have a Netbook, smartphone and other devices but can tell you from our most recent trip. I was all over the island and not once did I need purchased w-fi. Maybe I was lucky, but from San Nicolas to Palm Beach, there are plenty of free spots. But then again, if you want to added insurance to have it when you want it, a supplemental wi-fi is your best bet. btw, I even went to the Setar office and after looking at what was available, I decided to take my chances.

Gaby, I read earlier in this thread that you liked going to the library and getting books for free. I have a Kindle Fire and our public library lets you download eBooks for free as long as you have an active library card. With the Kindle you can download them via WiFi or USB depending on the publisher. I read several books a month, and if I had to buy them all, I wouldn't be able to afford going to Aruba. Our library has over 11,000 titles for Kindle format alone. I downloaded Touchdown with Exchange ActiveSync for email and I like it better than Outlook. I have it sync with my work email when I travel and it works great. I think it cost about $20, you can find it at the app store. I think if you try the Fire, you will be very happy with it. I love its light weight as opposed to paperbacks, its versatility, and it will fit in your purse.

unfortunately, Walt, my library is so small, it has very very little to download. that would be great if they did. I looked over their titles and believe me, there's not much I would want to download, lol....

With the Kindle products, there are also thousands of free books available with new ones offered each day.

My dh reads 2 books a week at the minimum and our family as a whole with 3 kindles have purchased probably 10 books in the last two years. All the others were "free" http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...text/154606011, or read free through Amazon "Prime" membership. Our library offers Kindle books as well, but on an extremely limited basis. We have 500+ books in our Kindle library stored on their cloud.

Many publishers will offer one of their books free for a limited time. Over Christmas I began reading a series of books by the same author. The first one was free and the others are 2.99 and 3.99. When I go to buy them, it won't break the bank

The other huge advantage of the Kindle is a MUCH lighter suitcase. For a 12 night vacation, dh would pack 8 books With luggage traveling now by weight, it did not leave much room for anything else.

btw......the wi-fi is free at the aiport Also, woot! woot! for the Kindle!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123