Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: WiFi at Your Timeshare/Condo/Hotel

WiFi at Your Timeshare/Condo/Hotel

We just got back from two weeks in Aruba. WiFi availability and cost is in flux right now.

At Tropicana, WiFi is free in the newly remodeled units. It's also free poolside.

At Paradise Beach Villas, it was free across the board but we heard rumors they were planning to charge for WiFi.

The following was posted on the PBV FB site today.

WIFI IN PARADISE:
    The improved WiFi service to Paradise Beach Villas is now complete and we have started the charges which are as follows:
    In-room packages for a maximum of four (4) devices and service is available around the property, the charge is $28.00 weekly, $65.00 for monthly and $5.00 per day.

Free WiFi is available in the lobby area only for one (1) hour continuously in a 24-hour period.

What's it like at other places?

Aruba since 1979
    Lacabana and Renaissance Marina and Ocean Suites free wifi in units and on property including beach and pools

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    We just got back from two weeks in Aruba. WiFi availability and cost is in flux right now.

At Tropicana, WiFi is free in the newly remodeled units. It's also free poolside.

At Paradise Beach Villas, it was free across the board but we heard rumors they were planning to charge for WiFi.

The following was posted on the PBV FB site today.

WIFI IN PARADISE:
    The improved WiFi service to Paradise Beach Villas is now complete and we have started the charges which are as follows:
    In-room packages – for a maximum of four (4) devices and service is available around the property, the charge is $28.00 weekly, $65.00 for monthly and $5.00 per day.

Free WiFi is available in the lobby area only for one (1) hour continuously in a 24-hour period.

What's it like at other places?
    Are those prices florins or USD? If it's USD, that's really expensive resistive tool getting a data plan
    from SETAR.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Are those prices florins or USD? If it's USD, that's really expensive resistive tool getting a data plan
    from SETAR.
    The Dollar signs suggest it's USD. They typically quote all prices in USD. So, $56. for two weeks and that is for up to 4 devices. That works out to $7 per device per week for 4 devices. As the number devices goes down, the per device cost goes up. This year we had a computer, an iPad and an iPhone. At these prices for three devices, it would have been reasonable.

Personally, I'm annoyed they are charging at all. That's the purpose of this post. To see what the norm is for the island's resorts.

Playa Linda was $35 for up to 4 devices per week,so staying 10 days we had to purchase 2 weeks. At ABC it was $35 per device per week and it's purchased online thru Setar.
    Holiday Inn and Marriott Surf Club were both free.

Aruba since 1979
    I think charging for wifi in this day and age is SINFUL.

I would recommend getting a prepaid simcard or data bundle at the airport. They are much cheaper and you can access the internet when you are at the beach. If you run out of mega- or gigabytes you can easily purchase more (at the Alhambra market, for example). It's easiest to do this at the airport. Here is a link:

https://www.setar.aw/visitors/prepaid-data-plans/

I heard while there in Jan. that they would charge us in Feb, but was shocked at the price. I said so on the post and got a "don't like it?, don't get it." And another negative comment so I deleted my comment. I was trying to give my thought to PBV not get criticized by others. If you multiply each unit by $28 weekly then by 52 weeks, it's a lot of money for someone!

Guess we have to go to those member meetings next year and ask more questions!

Aruba since 1979
    i am sorry that you got negativity here.
    i honestly do not remember seeing your wifi posting here and that you felt unjustly criticized for your opinion.
    normally, that does NOT happen here as we tend to try very hard to be respectful.
    i apologize as i must have been negligent.

i have gone back to all of your postings and cannot find the thread or the posting (even though you deleted it, i would still be able to see the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    I heard while there in Jan. that they would charge us in Feb, but was shocked at the price. I said so on the post and got a "don't like it?, don't get it." And another negative comment so I deleted my comment. I was trying to give my thought to PBV not get criticized by others. If you multiply each unit by $28 weekly then by 52 weeks, it's a lot of money for someone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast