Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By erica1

Thread: WILL WI-FI ARUBA CARDS WORK ON IPAD AND PC's??

WILL WI-FI ARUBA CARDS WORK ON IPAD AND PC's??

WILL WI-FI ARUBA CARDS WORK ON IPAD AND PC's? someone who is there said they needed a separate card for their IPad and a separate card for their PC. that makes no sense at all since in the past our cards worked on all of our PC's. Any info would be helpful

Aruba since 1979
    if it is a SETAR wifi ........yes but not simultaneously

one device at a time

Hi Andrea, How much is it for Setar WIFI my wife just got an IPAD Mini and she would like to bring it with her.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    $35 a week. $70 for 2 3 or 4 wks

Where r u staying? Ur resort may have free or may have a different provider than
    Setar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if it is a SETAR wifi ........yes but not simultaneously

one device at a time

Last year we tried to share a connection. I'd log off and shut down but still couldn't log on with the other computer. Maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll try again this year.

Wifi card

Once you purchase then setar wifi card, enter the codes into your iPad. I always ask the setar girl to put in the codes for me. Then I am all set in the hotel. As for switching from one device to another. You need to open safari up and go to the address bar and write "Logout.". THEN press entermwhichnwill log you outed one device and allow you to log onto another. It's a pain as it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

On the back of the setar card there is a local number for assistance. Also a website formal the hotspots for free service. Hope this helps.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you erica and welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    you sound like a customer service rep (but nicer ) from setar!

QUOTE=erica1;239294]Once you purchase then setar wifi card, enter the codes into your iPad. I always ask the setar girl to put in the codes for me. Then I am all set in the hotel. As for switching from one device to another. You need to open safari up and go to the address bar and write "Logout.". THEN press entermwhichnwill log you outed one device and allow you to log onto another. It's a pain as it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

On the back of the setar card there is a local number for assistance. Also a website formal the hotspots for free service. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Post Wi-Fi

Hi Andrea

LaCabana now has free wi-fi but we can't get the signal in our room we on the fourth floor. Prior years we had no problems with Wi-Fi Aruba cards
    when we used to buy the card.

So I'm going to have to buy the card, they no longer sell it at LaCabana

Question to anyone how was their experiences with Wi-Fi Aruba on the Island slow/ fast...reliable service?

Thanks Tony Mazz

p.s. I'm in the LaCabana lobby with access to free wi-fi

Aruba since 1979
    unfortunate indeed that you cannot pick up the free internet in your unit

when you go back to your unit, open your browser and the setar page should come up with internet plans that will cost about $35 a week

if the setar site will not come up, i would not waste my time trying.

lacabana may not even offer setar (free or pay) anymore, so before you buy a setar card anywhere, open your browser from your unit onto setar page.

check out this thread: MIO Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by tcmazz View Post
    Hi Andrea

LaCabana now has free wi-fi but we can't get the signal in our room we on the fourth floor. Prior years we had no problems with Wi-Fi Aruba cards
    when we used to buy the card.

So I'm going to have to buy the card, they no longer sell it at LaCabana

Question to anyone how was their experiences with Wi-Fi Aruba on the Island slow/ fast...reliable service?

Thanks Tony Mazz

p.s. I'm in the LaCabana lobby with access to free wi-fi