Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Wind turbines and Alto Vista Chapel

Wind turbines and Alto Vista Chapel

There is a link to a petition to attempt to prevent the construction of WindTurbines within 500 meters of the Alto Vista Chapel and along the edge of Tiera del Sol. I am attaching the link for those who wish to know more or sign the petition. It is: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...ampaign=button

Surely there are some other suitable locations.

Aquaman
    Last edited by aquaman; 05-16-2012 at 12:50 PM.

There is also an article about the project at

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/may_16__2012/3

I my book, I wrote two short stories. One named "the Sentinels and the other Alto Vista.

I cannot put the finished printing here on either one but will put in the pre-edited versions in my "Snippets area. I will also include my personal opinion on this in the snippets area. I feel uncomfortable doing so here due to my position on it.
    be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Bishop also against windmill park
    Protest windmills at Urirama increases
    "...Director Hutting held his ground by stating among others that it is not he but the government who wants the second windmill park as part of the policy for more sustainable energy. He didn’t answer the question why the new windmills couldn’t be placed at the current park in Vader Piet. “WEB investigated this but it’s not possible from a technical-economical point of view.” The audience thought it’d explode when Hutting said he couldn’t answer that question because it wasn’t his department. Although WEB had been invited to the hearing none of their representatives had been spotted. However, after the hearing it appeared they were there, including spokesperson Asja Dongen. 'We’ll present a separate explanation for this. If we had explained it this evening it would’ve only led to more confusion.' ..."
    Has WEB given an explanation yet as to why they are unable to just add additional wind turbines at Vader Piet?

Could they put the turbines south of Arikok say east of Raceway Park and north of the Aruba Golf Club?

Fact of the matter is that these turbines might not even be needed. So the entire topic is moot and I think that this is what upsets people so much. From what I understand, they will not significantly lower the price of electricity, if at all. Consider that the "Grid" is now functional and that home mills are getting more sophisticated and less expensive. I assure you that if the factual statement was that they would be lowering the prices by ever 20% that you could put the damned things on our churches and no would react. So... why do it at all? It is an interesting question that looms up on this campaign warm-up. By the way, this has little to do with WEB. If i understand the whole thing correctly, WEB is a customer and not an owner of the turbines. the business mechanics of these things is extremely interesting - to say the least.
    be well
    charles

Politricks, as Peter Tosh used to say...
    They (whoever they may be in any particular case) tend to play with the emotions of the people they know they are going to effect, akin to doing a manner of market research. See how upset the locals will get and take it from there. Could be it's all a ploy to see what they actually can get away with... or perhaps not.

Charles, can you tell me if there's anything happening at the Chapel during the first week of June?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Hi Ratt,
    As far as I know, there doesn't seem to be anything going on there that is public information.

TURBINES:
    I am willing to bet that no matter how many petitions and examples come about, the damned things are a reality, like the Carlton and the rest of the horrid offenses to this lovely island.
    c
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    I am willing to bet that no matter how many petitions and examples come about, the damned things are a reality, like the Carlton and the rest of the horrid offenses to this lovely island.
    c
    Politicians are the same all around the world. As long as someone pays them off, they will ignore the will of the people and hope you forget before the next election.

ash
    There is a Facebook page dedicated to this community issue, "No Wind Park in Noord" linked below. Please read the articles here to become informed on the adverse health effects of Wind Turbines on humans and animals, not to mention a host of other issues including visual destruction of peaceful landscapes, huge government subsidies to fund energy companies, confidentiality agreements causing communities to deteriorate and ongoing research into the wind energy body of knowledge.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Wi...34250453348642
    Last edited by ash; 06-14-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    ash

Aruba since 1979
    has there been any decision re: the wind turbines in Urirama area? I see some chatter on another site and wonder if any decisions made?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast