Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Wind turbines and Alto Vista Chapel

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    (Urirama) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l44Riv8qe1Y

an order to cease and desist has been issued until proper hearings/due process and permits obtained.

this topic of wind turbines, especially in the proposed area and the beginning of construction without permits has caused much discussion and dilemma with the residents. there are almost 1000 homes within just a few km of the proposed turbines.

the video is pretty interesting.
    Here is a website with more info in regards to this video:

Posted on March 5, 2013 by altovistalover

Ruling majority Aruba Parliament votes for wind turbine park Urirama, resistance keeps growing

Posted on March 5, 2013 by altovistalover
    After 2 days of tumultuous debating on the wind turbine park plans, flanked by shouting supporters and opponents on the public tribune, acting chairman Chris Dammers decided to close the debate for the public on February the 1st. Residents of Urirama had already walked out that afternoon to prepare their court case for submission.
    The debate continued on Wednesday the 6th behind closed doors. Several groups who showed up waited for hours in front of the building and had to make do with a radio transmission of the proceedings. Requests by MEP, PDR and Booshi Wever to allow citizens back into the building were rejected.
    Residents of Urirama submitted their court case on February the 2th.
    Read more: Aruba residents go to court to stop construction of wind turbine park at Urirama
    Liveblogging and commenting on the debate
    Save Alto Vista followed proceedings via the internet stream and live-blogged comments on Facebook during the debate. “All rational arguments and reports submitted by the opposition were rejected by the ruling majority. Political party AVP was, and is, dead-set on these turbines to come to Alto Vista” notes a representative of Save Alto Vista. “They didn’t study the reports to form a qualified opinion at all. They just cherry picked random arguments to prove their point instead of answering questions submitted by the opposition. The whole debate was just a big show to discredit the opposition, seeing that they already knew they would vote with the ruling majority. This is also an election year. Even the light art project for the grand opening of Wind Park Urirama has already been commissioned with Studio Roosegaarde BEFORE the debate.”
    Voting on wind turbines at Urirama
    At the end of the day, all members of the ruling majority voted for Wind Park Urirama on February the 6th: Paul Croes, Rene Herde, Desiree Croes, Lainda Westerhof, Donald Rasmijn, Marlon Sneek, Alex Tromp, Melvin Tromp, Lorna Varlack, Clarisca Velazquez, Juan Irausquin. Independent parliament members Marisol Lopez-Tromp and Mervin Ras withheld from voting on the wind turbines.
    Opposition Eddy Briesen, Evelyn Wever-Croes, Xiomara Maduro, Juan Thijsen, Booshi Wever and Andin Bikker voted against.
    Also see: voting results Wind turbine park Urirama
    Resistance against wind park in Aruba keeps growing
    On February the 14th Affected Residents Urirama were in court against 7 lawyers, who represented Aruba Government, WEB Utilities Aruba and Vader Piet NV. After hearing all parties the judges’ ruling is expected on March the 6th 2013.
    Also read: ‘Overheid neemt ons niet serieus’
    In the days up to the debate, a new protest group was formed, Salba Urirama. They organized a march and handed in a 5 point petition to Parliament on the 5th of February. Salba Urirama plans to visit Dutch Parliament members to gather support against wind turbine park Urirama.
    Wind turbines in the Aruba elections
    The industrial wind turbines planned for construction at Alto Vista have also become a political theme in the Aruba elections. Andin Bikker, leader of political party PDR plans to continue the fight and will meet with representatives of Maastricht (where a wind turbine project was stopped) during the ‘Interparlementair Koninkrijksoverleg in March 2013’. He also plans to meet Fritsz van den Berg of the University of Groningen who published a scientific study on the annoyance of wind turbine sound. Political party MEP headed by Evelyn Wever-Croes also plans on continuing the fight against Windpark Urirama.
    Instead of slowly settling and gaining public acceptance, as the current government is hoping, the fight to stop the industrial windmills at Urirama is growing on Aruba.

http://savealtovista.com/2013/03/05/...wing/#more-717

CK1
    here it is, late august........where does this project stand?
    is it a yay or nay or still tied up in the courts?
    I found a Facebook site "Safe Alto Vista" with lots of interesting info:

https://www.facebook.com/SaveAltoVista

One article seems most interesting, it's written in Papiamento:

MIKE EMAN DEN PARLAMENTO: PARKE DI MOLINA URIRAMA TA BIN NA NOORD

Written by boletin on August 20, 2013. Posted in Local, Politica

Apesar di tantisimo protesta cu ta tumando lugar pa habitantenan di Noord, asina mes Mike Eman a laga sa den Parlamento cu e plan pa masacra e area sagrado si Alto Vista ta sigi. Mesora despues di eleccion e ta cuminsa importa e molinanan gigantesco.
    Aki bo ta mira claramente cu Mike Eman no ta resepta ley, no e proceduranan cu cuidadano tin pa busca nan derecho pasobra e tin pensa di sigi cu e proyecto gigantesco y monstruoso di Urirama, algo cu pa partido MEP ta inaceptable.
    Durante reunion di Parlamento lider di MEP a puntra Mike Eman, refiriendo na locual cu IMF a menciona den e rapport ultimo cu e di dos parke di molina lo bin na 2014. Mike Eman a contesta na forma masha arogante cu e molinanan TA bin na Urirama, y tabata hopi tristo pa mira con parlamentario Juan David Yrausquin tambe a confirma esaki na forma arogante.

Pueblo di Aruba sea alerta. Habitantenan di Noord sea mas alerto. Cuidadanonan cu ta gosa di e unico lugar cu ta brinda un pas y trankilidad, caminda bo por resa den tur trankilidad, medita y haya inspiracion, sea masha masha alerto. No permiti Mike Eman kita esaki for di nos.
    Eleccion di 27 di september no ta simplemente un eleccion, sino un decision si ta duna Mike Eman man liber pa pone e molinanan ey na e area sagrado di Alto Vista y asina afecta salud di miles di persona. Of pa cambia rumbo di e pais aki.

http://www.boletinextra.com/mike-ema...a-bin-na-noord

Here is a rough google translation:

Eventhough protest like hell di cu pa ta place habitantenan tumando di Noord, Mike Eman asina month den sa laga Parliament and plan cu pa massacres and sacred area if sigi ta Alto Vista. Mesora after election and ta di cuminsa matter and molinanan giant.
    Watch Aki ta bo clearly cu resepta Mike Eman ta no law, no e proceduranan cu pa cuidadano looking nan tin and tin pasobra right thinking and project di sigi cu di Urirama gigantic and monstrous, something cu pa ta Party MEP unacceptable.
    During meeting di di Parliament MEP Puntra leader Mike Eman, referring cu na locual MFIs mentioned last cu den and rapport and took two parke what bin na di molina 2014. Mike Eman masha answer form Arogante na cu e na Urirama molinanan bin TA and Hopi tabata looks tristo parliamentary pa Juan David Yrausquin tambe na to form Arogante Esaki confirmed.

Pueblo di Aruba is alert. Habitantenan di Noord be more alert. Gosa Cuidadanonan di e cu ta cu ta only place provides a pas and trankilidad, den caminda tur bo by resa trankilidad, meditate and have inspiration, whether masha masha alert. Not allowed Mike Eman di kita Esaki for us.

Election di 27 di september ta not merely a choice, but a decision if Mike Eman ta man dune sets and molinanan liber ey pa na and di Alto Vista sacred area and affect health asina di thousands di person. Of course di pa changes and aki country.

CK1
    Another Facebook site with lots of photos and info:

No Wind Park in Noord

https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Wi...34250453348642

Aruba since 1979
    thanks CK1

Andrea,

I had something to say, I no longer do since it dawns on me that it will not make one bit of difference. So Andrea,

I say this .....

I am small, love me tenderly like you would a new borne child.
    Like you would when watering seeds in the sand
    Do not plant steel swords in by chest
    Do not adorn me with gaudy lights
    Allow me to shine like I did the day you said
    Aruba, I will come back

I am small - Love me tenderly
    I am small
    Tenderly
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post

Here is a rough google translation:

Eventhough protest like hell di cu pa ta place habitantenan tumando di Noord, Mike Eman asina month den sa laga Parliament and plan cu pa massacres and sacred area if sigi ta Alto Vista. Mesora after election and ta di cuminsa matter and molinanan giant.
    Watch Aki ta bo clearly cu resepta Mike Eman ta no law, no e proceduranan cu pa cuidadano looking nan tin and tin pasobra right thinking and project di sigi cu di Urirama gigantic and monstrous, something cu pa ta Party MEP unacceptable.
    During meeting di di Parliament MEP Puntra leader Mike Eman, referring cu na locual MFIs mentioned last cu den and rapport and took two parke what bin na di molina 2014. Mike Eman masha answer form Arogante na cu e na Urirama molinanan bin TA and Hopi tabata looks tristo parliamentary pa Juan David Yrausquin tambe na to form Arogante Esaki confirmed.

Pueblo di Aruba is alert. Habitantenan di Noord be more alert. Gosa Cuidadanonan di e cu ta cu ta only place provides a pas and trankilidad, den caminda tur bo by resa trankilidad, meditate and have inspiration, whether masha masha alert. Not allowed Mike Eman di kita Esaki for us.

Election di 27 di september ta not merely a choice, but a decision if Mike Eman ta man dune sets and molinanan liber ey pa na and di Alto Vista sacred area and affect health asina di thousands di person. Of course di pa changes and aki country.
    What did you do, run it through the Spanish to English translator?

Papiamento is an interesting language. In some ways it's like a "pig Latin" form of Spanish; with some English Words thrown in.

If you know English and Spanish and read it carefully, you can get the 'jist" of it.
    Last edited by vincep; 08-28-2013 at 11:30 AM.

I don't know why they don't construct a wind farm off the east coast of Aruba? They can make it a mile or two out, so no one would really see it

Aruba since 1979
    Good question.
    this location for the proposed farm bring great controversy

Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    I don't know why they don't construct a wind farm off the east coast of Aruba? They can make it a mile or two out, so no one would really see it

Good question.
    this location for the proposed farm bring great controversy
    They have offshore wind farms in many other locations. The east coast of Aruba would be perfect. There aren't many people that live there and the beaches are on the other side of the island and south. (Baby beach) No one would really see them from the ground.

Aruba since 1979
    i would have imagined that the powers that be, would have considered adding to the current wind farm.
    but, as many of have said in the past.........we as tourists have no say. this is a matter for the aruban people and others that are residents.

i just hope that whatever is decided is good for the majority without hurting the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    They have offshore wind farms in many other locations. The east coast of Aruba would be perfect. There aren't many people that live there and the beaches are on the other side of the island and south. (Baby beach) No one would really see them from the ground.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast