Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    Did anyone notice how I spelt "brakes" Breaks

Everyone will get a break in their light bills

I guess I'll add my two cents if I may...
    On the whole, as I said about this a while back, it's a long time coming.
    It only makes sense, considering the lack of good hair days on the island (!?).
    Now, to the best of my knowledge, the down side to the mills is the danger, not only assumed but very real, to the wildlife, and yes, it does indeed make a difference. Loss of bird and bat life could be pretty severe, it's proven to be that way in lots of locations, here in Ontario and lots of other places as well.
    And no, that's not good.
    And the only other negative that I've been made acutely aware of is would be the disruption in cellular and satellite waves from the constant "whoosh-whoosh-whoosh", and yes, it does seem strong enough to mess up things like radio waves, and even peoples' sleep (those that live near them talk about hearing the sound 24-7), so I can only imagine what possible damage it could do in the long run. No, I'm not doom-saying, I would love to see Aruba covered in these windmills and in solar panelling, it's a long time coming.

Time to (politely) harness what Mother Nature is offering without exploiting the gifts.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but there are already windmills in Aruba!!! We discovered these while "exploring" in March. They were actually a beautiful sight, very artisitc and dramatic by their size, but not offensive to look at at all. We went right up to them and there was minimal noise-- just a little swish. I hope more will be added, as it sure is the perfect place with those constant winds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wind Turbines on the way!-img_5193.jpg   Wind Turbines on the way!-img_5196.jpg  

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but there are already windmills in Aruba!!! We discovered these while "exploring" in March. They were actually a beautiful sight, very artisitc and dramatic by their size, but not offensive to look at at all. We went right up to them and there was minimal noise-- just a little swish. I hope more will be added, as it sure is the perfect place with those constant winds.
    Oops! Just checked the dates on the earlier posts, and they're from last year!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123