Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 3 Post By WaltVB
  • 2 Post By xcptnl

Thread: Wishing to be at baby beach

Aruba since 1979

Wishing to be at baby beach

Wishing to be at baby beach-image.jpgThank you Aru-fun. Great shot of baby beach

I have a question. . . can someone please tell me the big attraction for Baby Beach? ? ? I have been to beach a few times and just don't get the big deal about going there. It's way down on the far end of the island and to me at least, is no better than the beaches from the Tam to Arashi. I just don't get it. Someone please info me to what I am missing. . . . I also saw that on weekends it's packed with locals and is very difficult. Nothing against the locals using the beach, but why are the tourists so hot to go there. . . . Just thought I would ask. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Tom, I agree. We have gone there a couple of times, its a pain to get to and I just don't get it either. I'd rather go to Arashi Beach. I think its great. In my opinion, its not worth the trip. But I guess if you love to snorkel, it must be good. But to just go and sit on their beach, don't get it either.

Aruba since 1979
    I cannot speak for others but I like to wander around and visit as much as I can while there. We just go there to snorkel and then hit the road. Never do we spend any time lounging there. Yes very busy at BB on weekends and holidays. It is a great spot for snorkeling providing one stays in the boundaries set. the shallow area is perfect for young kids. It is a nice spot for local families. My husband has the same opinion as Gaby

This is forum is great as all opinions welcomed.

I love it there. I love that my kids can snorkel and I love that it is a local place. I love the beauty of the beach and the fish contrasting against the refinery. I love the history of the forming the place for the families of the refinery. I love the drive down there, taking in the scenery.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Jacki, we agree. We always plan at least 4 hours or so on one day to go. This year one of our party (20-something years old) didn't swim so well and was apprehensive about going into the water. We got her to Baby Beach and she loved it. It freed up her anxiety to the point she went on Jolly Pirates before we left. We always go in the middle of the week and seldom encounter any huge crowds. We also love the drive through Savaneta and San Nic and usually do the back roads down the middle of the island back to Palm Beach. Tom, I guess sometimes it's nice even for us tourists to get away from the tourists.

reminds me of the movie with leo dicaprio, the beach. my kids grew up snorkeling at baby beach, that's why i return.
    part of their life, many years... besides i actually enjoy the ride, hitting few spots on the way......

We have only been twice and never made it our last trip but we love it there. When we were there 3 years ago we also had a great lunch at the food truck that was the sligthly farther walk, so funny that there were two food trucks within 40 feet of each other selling basically the same food and one was way cheaper. I remember having fried shrimp and we went back and ordered more because it was so good, fresh and inexpensive. The only thing I don't want to do again is rent a tent thing, it was great when my daughter was a baby and napped there but insanely expensive. Next time I will bring a bunch of towels, sunscreen, water and some money for lunch and just enjoy. We love the drive down, we love once we get off the main road and drive to the actual beach. And it is awesome that my 3yo had no issue walking out far.

I think we need to check out Arashi more now though, do you just go near the bus stop is or further up?
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

I agree with Jacki and WaltVB. I love the drive there, I love seeing the school buses come with the kid (this is their gym class!!), I like the vibe of this beach and the history of the refinery. Our vacation would not be complete without 1 trip (but usually more) to Baby Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    I have a question. . . can someone please tell me the big attraction for Baby Beach? ? ? I have been to beach a few times and just don't get the big deal about going there. It's way down on the far end of the island and to me at least, is no better than the beaches from the Tam to Arashi. I just don't get it. Someone please info me to what I am missing. . . . I also saw that on weekends it's packed with locals and is very difficult. Nothing against the locals using the beach, but why are the tourists so hot to go there. . . . Just thought I would ask. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)
    I agree, I enjoy the lagoon aspect of it - but I found the Big Mommas people to be very pushy and a little sketchy. Renting a few chairs felt like giving a homeless person a pity dollar for a pamphlet and then all of a sudden it turns into why couldn't you give me two dollars. I think I asked to use credit card and they started to give me some stipulations and kept going back and forth. The bathroom was guarded by some strange guy who I am pretty sure wanted to charge me to use it (they should've been paying me to use the facility based on its condition ).

Next time we will buy some cheapy chairs and stay away from them as we enjoyed the beauty of the calm water but the treacherous sea behind the calmness.

Will need to check out Arashi next trip.