Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Woman goes missing on shore snorkel?

Aruba since 1979
    maybe prosecutors will win the appeal next week.

Aruba since 1979
    i hope there is no feeding frenzy by the media if this guy walks.

i caution all who make postings re: this particular case, to give careful thought in your words and to refrain from speculation and/or accusations.

we do not know all that has transpired and the last thing this helpful forum needs is another fiasco that most of us witnessed 6 yrs ago w/ the holloway case.

we do know if they had the evidence he would be charged.

As always, Andrea, splendid advice. Speculation can cause all kinds of problems.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    everyone must remember that each country has their own burden of proof to charge someone. what our laws are may be different in another country. part of me prefers to have a stricter law on burden of proof. as one who worked in the court system for 26 years, we always had a joke in the courthouse that you can indict a ham sandwich. and although it may seem "fishy", you can't just hold someone without some proof. well, let me rephrase that, you shouldn't hold someone without proof. the circumstantial evidence is pretty up there but that would be for a jury, if it got to that point. circumstantial evidence is acceptable but not to a court prior to charging someone. a judge's job is to make sure that what the prosecutor has CAN be be viewed by a jury, even if its circumstantial. a court can't hold someone based on that without something, anything else. i think at this point they had no choice. this country would extradite him if the Aruban government charges him. the only thing would be that the insurance company probably won't pay until its resolved. so let's hope the insurance company does what they do best, not pay you when you actually make a claim, lol....

Good Morning America has interview Gary Giordano

We are so upset after seeing the interview with Gary Giordano this morning on GMA. He denies everything about Robin and stated that Aruba's main income is from cocaine and slave trade- not tourism. Did anyone else find his interview disturbing?
    Sean and Susan

I didn't see the interview, but I read a report of it online. Here's a link to what I read:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aruba-suspe...ry?id=15059211

He did state that Aruba's two biggest "illegal" income sources were drug trafficking and cocaine. That comment does bother me, as I feel it tarnishes Aruba's wonderful reputation and diverts attention from what he has been accused of.

I'm curious about the Holland handbook for travelers that he referenced. Does anyone know if this really exists?

I think his rug looks horrible!
    Last edited by purpleangel; 12-01-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Darlene

Aruba since 1979
    His credibility speaks for itself. Anyone with common sense will understand.

That was a bad rug! He had no remorse during the interview. It was poor me being put in prison. I wonder how much that policy cost him he was talking about-medical and life insurance and all? That "Holland book" advise to call your insurance company right away still sounds strange to me. He stated how close to Venezuela Aruba is and suggested the slave trade aspect.
    Sean and Susan

Who goes snorkeling in with their sneakers on??????

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I watched the special on Dateline last night. What bothered me the most was the surveillance video of him going to the building (dive shop? restaurant?) nearby to get help. He casually knocked on each door, and then went to the next. You would think that someone who's friend just went missing in the water would be frantically banging on the doors and calling out for help. It looked staged to me.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast