Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    My home in Opal first, then all of the many beach's and love the food

Yacht club near opal and new ritz

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this big expansion between the new Ritz over to Opal. I have seen workers at the end of the road shooting the area and they say it is for a expansion bridge. So they can begin a area for larger boats to dock...aka yacht club. dought that would happen but might be nice

Aruba since 1979
    if they do any more expansion/building the island could capsize.

the area where the ritz is being built was pristine..untouched and enjoyed by the windsurfers.......but alas, marriotville aka ritz continues their expansion.
    many are very sad to see this and to maybe add a yacht club to the area is obscene. (my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the ata)

Quote Originally Posted by arubabarry View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has heard about this big expansion between the new Ritz over to Opal. I have seen workers at the end of the road shooting the area and they say it is for a expansion bridge. So they can begin a area for larger boats to dock...aka yacht club. dought that would happen but might be nice

Ah, but is the generator of the "rumor" a reliable source
    If the source was workers, why has this information not been made known as the info about the Ritz has been plastered everywhere.

Just food for thought...

TOTALLY Agree with Andrea, We bought this house because it had great curb apeal aka we can see the wind surfers when we cook....kinda if they are up high and the skydive Aruba kid's come over the top of the house... I think I would have to move again .. so nice and peaceful living in Opal

I heard about plans for a Yacht Club before the Marriott was built, never to be heard of again. A canal was to be made between the Holiday Inn and the Marriott's into the Salina where the yachts could be moored.
    Sad to say we can't stop the Ritz, but I would certainly welcome more sailing on Aruba... Opal Yacht Club has a nice ring and arubaberry, you could sail over to Certified to do some shopping and sail back.

TOTALLY LOL, Would love to sail anywhere to a store to shop then drive on the roads. I wastalking to my neighbors and they also said it is a big deal to the people in this area of Opal...but I think the water problems in the areas plus fixing the roads is more important then a yacht club... I am on my 2nd set of tires in 2 years because of the poor condition of the roads. If Aruba wants to expand such renting home off the beach people need to be able to get to them. LUCKY for me mine is not as bad as some but my kid;s always say after we leave the main road IT'S TIME TO BOUNCE TIGGER and I just am to old for all that trama.. Happy New Year to all my friends on the form and cant wait to see some of you at the B,B PARTIES