Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: yeti or rtic travel mugs

Aruba since 1979

yeti or rtic travel mugs

somewhere along the line, i thought that there was already mention of these travel mugs in an existing thread.

do any of you use the "yeti or rtic" travel mugs while in aruba?

we bought 2 RTICs and absolutely love them. 32 oz each.

when we were in aruba in november, we filled them with ice, went to the pool or beach, added beverages to them, drank and then added more.
    the ice did not melt.

they are terrific for use on the beach.

we filled one with ice, put the lid on and left it on the kitchen counter for 24 hours.
    the ice melt was minimal, maybe 10%.

paul and i have been making smoothies every day for lunch (PB2 w/ chocolate, almond milk, banana and ice) and these mugs are the bomb.
    i really recommend these mugs.

DW and I were gifted a couple of Yeti cups and used them in Aruba. They are outstanding in keeping drinks cold. We had similar results to Andrea's.

We have the RTIC 32oz tumblers and Andrea hit it right on the head, they are great. I think I'd rather have the 20oz ones for next time. I think they would pack easier and also the 32oz lids require a straw or they seemed to drip. The separate straws became a hassle, just keeping up with them and making sure they stayed sand free when we were making refills at the palapa. At home we have the 12oz beer can koozies - one Yeti, one RTIC. I think they are pretty much equal in how long they keep things cold. If you drink 12oz beers, I think these are a must have for Aruba. They really do keep the beers cold. (We don't bring them because our preferred cans in Aruba are only 10oz.)

have the under armour ones that are excellent

Aruba since 1979
    we ordered better lids from RTIC (sipping lids) and put the straw lids away.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We have the RTIC 32oz tumblers and Andrea hit it right on the head, they are great. I think I'd rather have the 20oz ones for next time. I think they would pack easier and also the 32oz lids require a straw or they seemed to drip. The separate straws became a hassle, just keeping up with them and making sure they stayed sand free when we were making refills at the palapa. At home we have the 12oz beer can koozies - one Yeti, one RTIC. I think they are pretty much equal in how long they keep things cold. If you drink 12oz beers, I think these are a must have for Aruba. They really do keep the beers cold. (We don't bring them because our preferred cans in Aruba are only 10oz.)

Someday I may invest in these. Right now we just buy a six pack of AWA and write initials on them and use them. We fill them half way from the tap and put them in the freezer, then add beverage of choice in the morning before the beach
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I got a cheap one from Wally world. under 10.00 too
    .works great with hot or cold beverage...for hrs
    Ice last for my double shifts too
    Last edited by brady bear; 02-20-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    I got a cheap one from Wally world. under 10.00 too
    .works great with hot or cold beverage...for hrs
    Ice last for my double shifts too
    We have those also. I believe they are Ozark Trail brand for $9.97 at Walmart. They are comparable to the Yeti (we did a test versus friends Yeti) and are a fraction of the cost. Ice lasts for over 16 hours. They have the "sippy' opening, but a plastic 7-11 Slurpee straw fits also.

Thanks for the tip on the straw. Will have to make a stop at 7-11 .

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We have those also. I believe they are Ozark Trail brand for $9.97 at Walmart. They are comparable to the Yeti (we did a test versus friends Yeti) and are a fraction of the cost. Ice lasts for over 16 hours. They have the "sippy' opening, but a plastic 7-11 Slurpee straw fits also.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Sometimes I am amazed at how something pops up on this thread I've been considering. I have been wanting to try the "Yeti" 30 oz mug for quite some time, even checked it out at my local ACE Hardware this week. I am waiting for my next coupon from this store as they are quite expensive and I did not know how great they were. I drink so much ice water at home and so tired of getting up to refill my tumbler every half hour I have been using my 52 oz bubba mug which is kind of silly as it is so huge and heavy with all my ice.....

Question, I have not heard of the " rtic" mug, what does RTIC stand for? I would love to invest in either one of these 2 now that I know they are worth the money. I have been seeing another one advertised called Rocky Mountain on my sports channel. Thanks for the tip, will be bringing whichever one I buy to Aruba as my ice melts fast while laying the in sun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast