Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: You Know When Your Trip To Aruba Is Near When

I get cheap before I go away. I try to stow away every penny I can find so I can splurge when I am in Aruba even more, I struggle to do Aruba on a budget, lol.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    When I get closer and closer to being late to work and start sneaking out early more often.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

when I get the urge to shop. I am not a shopper normally, but always want new stuff for a trip.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

1.When the jar containing all your coins (US) and Florins gets empties out, sorted, counted and added to your travel pouch and placed next to the envelope with your spending money for the trip.

2. When even the most grouchy security officers at the airport cannot spoil your Happy Vibe because you know in a few hours you will be on Aruba.

3. When you are on your flight and the flight attendant asks if you would be okay with switching seats with someone in the Emergency Exit Row, and you happily say Yes and change seats.

4. When filling out Immigration Cards for Aruba makes you feel extra Happy.

5. When you have so much time at your connecting, stop but you still park yourself by your boarding gate for Aruba, and watch the clock slowly count down to your departure time.

6. When your flight to Aruba finally takes off you have to suppress letting out a celebratory 'Yelp'. The same for when you arrive.

7. You pull out that one particular bag that you use for travelling and begin to clean it out in anticipation of your trip.

When I touch our passports over & over and check the expiration dates.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

1. When your cravings for certain foods that you can only get on Aruba kick in.
    2. When you abstain from eating too much to make room for all the meals you will be eating on Aruba.
    3. You look up songs that you only hear on Aruba and listen to them daily as your trip date gets closer and closer.
    4. You take extra cautions in your daily affairs to avoid any unnecessary injuries.
    5. You practice dance steps that you learnt on the island in anticipation of doing them during the course of your visit.
    Last edited by vallond; 06-02-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    when you create spreadsheets for activities, restaurants, expenses etc...

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    I'm with you Walt.....I'm on the forum a lot more as I get closer.
    Andrea, I too have a 3rd bedroom full of items that will or will not be packed.
    I also pull out the luggage and rip off the latest vacation airline tags.
    I'm out shopping for anything that I may need on our vacation.....sunscreen, beach stuff, etc.
    And for some reason the days start to go a little slower.....
    Aruba Trip #8....March 2018..

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I get cheap before I go away. I try to stow away every penny I can find so I can splurge when I am in Aruba even more, I struggle to do Aruba on a budget, lol.
    It's funny you say this, actually. I'm as cheap as cheap can be here at home. I'm just one of those very careful, pinch every penny sort of people (within reason, of course). I'd rather go to a pub for dinner than a restaurant because it'll be just as good and 1/3 of the price. That sort of thing. But when I'm in Aruba...dear God. It's like a different side of me appears. It's just like, what's that cost? Oh, ok, here's the money. We had one dinner at El Gaucho last time we went where we got appetizers, entrees, dessert...I don't remember what the bill was, but it was a total splurge and totally worth it.

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    1. When your cravings for certain foods that you can only get on Aruba kick in.
    2. When you abstain from eating too much to make room for all the meals you will be eating on Aruba.
    3. You look up songs that you only hear on Aruba and listen to them daily as your trip date gets closer and closer.
    4. You take extra cautions in your daily affairs to avoid any unnecessary injuries.
    5. You practice dance steps that you learnt on the island in anticipation of doing them during the course of your visit.
    I could probably find almond crusted grouper somewhere around here, but it just wouldn't be the same. Bring me the grouper. Bring me ALL THE GROUPER.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast