Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Are you missing Aruba Stroopwaffle cookies?

Aruba since 1979
    tomorrow is my usual aldis run....milk, almond milk, eggs, and more stroopwaffle cookies.
    the grandkids coming oct 2...........i think it will be fun to get them all sugared up

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Robin I can not imagine how amazing they must be fresh like that!

We always bring home a few from Superfood while we are in Aruba. Never buy them at home - they are a special Aruba treat. We were gifted an entire wheel of Gouda while on the island last month. The person who gave it to us also included some stroopwaffels and suggested they be eaten together - one cookie with a very thin slice of cheese on top. The kids were not big fans, but my Sister in law was!
    Jacki, I would die for a whole wheel of gouda. I just love it. That is always one of the first things I purchase at the grocery when in Aruba. Enjoy it.

I may have to make a trip to Aldi's. I wonder if they have these cookies in Ohio? I do know that you could order from Amazon.

Aruba since 1979
    my friend in toledo bought some at her aldi

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    I may have to make a trip to Aldi's. I wonder if they have these cookies in Ohio? I do know that you could order from Amazon.

Everyone talks about Stroopwaffle cookies. I guess I need to try them when I go to Aruba in December!

Aruba since 1979
    they are very very sweet mr russell
    i can eat about 3/4 of one before my teeth start to ache
    my husband and son/dil will polish off a package of 10 in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrussell View Post
    Everyone talks about Stroopwaffle cookies. I guess I need to try them when I go to Aruba in December!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    We have been able to find them (by accident) at the higher end grocery stores in Minneapolis for quite a few years now. Trader Joe's also carries them.

I used to love bringing them back from Aruba as gifts in the past but now that you can get them here it kind of takes the fun/specialness out of it.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Thanks Walt.!!

The cookies that I like are Jumbo Roomboter, Jode Koeken are very large and taste similar to snickerdoodles. There is probably a more common name but this is what I wrote down after I purchsed them at Superfoods. Yummy.

Never tried them but will see if they have them at my Aldi's or Trader Joes's. Sounds like a nice afternoon treat with a coffee! Thanks for sharing ; )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast