Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Zika Virus

Tonight here, as in other nights for the past many weeks, there have been no mozzies. Is it my cologne or that they just simply don't enjoy the same wine as me? In all the years here, I have never seen so few. I wonder if it has to do with the Govts spraying or the extremely dry conditions or both ? Hell, I am going to conclude its the wine. That's my excuse and reasoning and I am sticking with it.

No updates at all about Zika on Aruba - I think we are leaning towards going still as my other half will not be pregnant and we won't look to conceive until after new year anyway.

Hi All,

Jumping in here with a rather unusual question - which im sure i know the answer too!

We visited aruba in November15 , does anyone know when the first cases of Zika were around? I ask as around a month after returning home , we became pregnant . My wife and myself got alot of mozzie bites for our 5 days in Aruba, we've not been very ill, maybe the odd cold cough etc, but it seems hard to ever know from what ive read if you ever got the virus.

We have appointments with our consultant booked at the hospital 2moro, we only just found out Aruba was on the list. However i'm hoping November was too early. I guess the answer will be, possibly! Although cases reported in Feb, im sure not everyone goes to the doc, meaning it could have been there earlier.

Thanks all!

According to this, the first cases where reported in early February 2016

http://www.who.int/csr/don/22-februa...etherlands/en/
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

That is good news as far as your little one is concerned, I am thinking/praying you are just fine...enjoy your little one when he/she arrives.

Did you go the doctors in the end?

Me and my Fiancee have agreed that unless it gets worse, we are coming to your beautiful Island for our honeymoon and we will accept there is a possibility of getting bitten and contracting whatever, but it won't ruin our holiday. We could easily become involved in an accident of some kind but we don't let things like that stop us from doing things in our day to day lives.

Zika Virus: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Zika Virus in Aruba: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

"What is the current situation?

Local mosquito transmission of Zika virus infection (Zika) has been reported in Aruba. Local mosquito transmission means that mosquitoes in the area are infected with Zika virus and are spreading it to people."

"Women who are pregnant:
    Should not travel to Aruba."

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

I read somewhere that another 8 cases have been found and now the total is 17.

Though the CDC seems more bothered about the US infections on their main front page now.

It's also been reported that Zika is likely to affect Europe but the UK is low/moderate chance of getting it.

It's almost like the CDC want have a mass reduction of people having children the way they are going on about it! We don't even get Mosquitos in this country and they are saying we could get it!

The Zika virus was first found in Africa in I think 1947 , in Monkeys in Uganda first human Case 1957 well thats near enough ,I think for the information I know ,First cases in US in Texas this year..
    Funny people have been going to Africa. For years , we have been fortunate to go , we had the normal vaccines and Malaria jabs.
    As there is nothing for Zika ...I think personally it's all down to the individual .Risks have always been about ,I do understand the pregnant side of things ,But it's spreading all over the world ,There are things in the world that can worry us to death !
    It's not going to stop me from going home to Aruba at all...And mossies. Love me I just plaster myself in roll on Anti Mossie
    you have to go with your heart or Head...
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast