Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Zika Virus

Aruba since 1979
    the language is papiamento.
    it is based on my picking out a few key words translation and then following up by phone call to a friend in Noord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Andrea is that based on your translator or you translating it? I read it more like there is no cases confirmed in Aruba, but I am probably wrong because I can't figure out what the 4 would reference to outside of potential cases....That said, I have zero idea what language I am actually reading, lol. The first part seem to be about 4 possible cases but later I thought it said none were contracted on Aruba... I am guessing this is written in papiamento, which I think I understand better verbally than written. I have spent to much time in Aruba (joking) when I am able to actually figure out what the locals are talking about when they speak....I typically understand what is said, or the general gist of it when I am playing cards with people from Aruba. I have been asked many times if I speak the language, and of course that is NO, lol.

Well this would be unfortunate but we all knew it was only a matter of time until Zika was in Aruba. Venezuela is so close as is Curacao.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I told you I can't read it, lol. It certainly sounded like it but then I got caught up in the middle part....I actually wish I was correct not that I mind being incorrect reading a foreign language..I worry for peoples safety with crazy things like this. As much as I love Aruba, there would be ZERO chance that I would go anywhere if we were pregnant, or even of childbearing age.

Aruba since 1979
    we have a case of zika 2 towns from me in fla. on the news 2 nights ago, they announced approximately 12 confirmed cases in the state.

I should have figured you would have followed it up before just posting, you are really good at what you do

That is a scary number already in florida, I am hoping/praying that none of them are pregnant or will soon become...yuk!!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    my real true translator is still at work and i will touch base with her later for a full translation.

think of the amount of people that visit disney day in/day out. pregnant, childbearing age, children, infants, elderly immucompromised etc.
    not good at all for people from all walks of life visiting so many destinations where there are mosquitos.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the language is papiamento.
    it is based on my picking out a few key words translation and then following up by phone call to a friend in Noord.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks jay
    before any of us post, it is important to have a reasonable amount of confidence in knowing that it is accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I should have figured you would have followed it up before just posting, you are really good at what you do

If I played in the stock market (I just invest, I don't play) I would "short sale" on Disney stock today based on this info and look to buy it back at a discount soon.... My experience as a "day trader" went like this. I put 2k into an Ameritrade account for fun, I built it up to almost 5k in only a couple of months...then my 5k became 1k when my "winners" turned ugly quickly.....that is my experience with day trading, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my real true translator is still at work and i will touch base with her later for a full translation.

think of the amount of people that visit disney day in/day out. pregnant, childbearing age, children, infants, elderly immucompromised etc.
    not good at all for people from all walks of life visiting so many destinations where there are mosquitos.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-11-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    my terrific translator and friend says the article says this : All 4 were infected while on vacation in Venezuela or Brazil. One female, three male. All were at the tail end of the virus, so not considered infectious at this time.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast