Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Zika Virus

There was zero doubt it would be here soon, anybody that thought otherwise was nuts. That said, I pray pregnant women are doing the right thing....

Of course my wife and I just booked our trip. My wife is not pregnant but I am 32 and she is 30 and we are planning on the possibility of trying to have a baby this coming fall. Air is booked condo is paid for I think we are committed at this point. Looks like we will just be loading up on bug spray.....

Zika virus

Just heard the Zika virus is now in Aruba, anyone else know about this?

It has been added to the list of countries to avoid, as it is in Aruba. Miky2884, people are being advised to postpone trying to get pregnant after being in Zika areas. It would probably be a good idea to talk to your doctor.

Has any word been out out as to how long after visiting one of the countries one should wait before trying to become pregnant?
    Also I would think with the winds constant in Aruba the chances of getting bit would be less then other places.

All of that information is on the CDC site. (Follow the links I placed in my above post for the CDC). I beleive the CDC is recommending a two (2) year waiting period.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by miky2884 View Post
    Has any word been out out as to how long after visiting one of the countries one should wait before trying to become pregnant?
    Also I would think with the winds constant in Aruba the chances of getting bit would be less then other places.
    I'm guessing that you'll be going back to Costa Linda. We were just there for two weeks, followed by a week at Renaissance. We did see a few mosquitoes at Costa Linda almost every day, especially in the early mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    All of that information is on the CDC site. (Follow the links I placed in my above post for the CDC). I beleive the CDC is recommending a two (2) year waiting period.
    They were recommending a two year waiting period for those that lived in the effected areas, for those traveling and returning home they were recommending a two month waiting period.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast