Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Asap55

Thread: 16 years old & In Aruba with my parents

16 years old & In Aruba with my parents

I'm going to Aruba for the first time in 8 days (So excited) On the downside, I'm going with my parents. Now one day we'll be going snorkling and one day to the spa. But does anyone have any tips for me? I dont really want to be bored

Aruba since 1979
    hi asap
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

my son, now 25 has been in aruba numerous times.
    he was never bored.

when he was your age he snorkeled, took SCUBA lessons and spent lots of time with his music blasting in earphones on the beach.

we usually stayed at lacabana or tamarijn and he was never at a loss for other kids to hang with.
    be forewarned that liquor is most everywhere and the temptations will be there. find kids to hang with that are not going to be drinking or pressuring you to behave inappropriately.

on the downside-your parents hahahaha.
    they may pleasantly surprise you and be lots of fun and wonderful to be around.

enjoy the beach, snorkeling, the weather......see if your parents will take you out on a jeep tour. (you will get filthy) horseback riding, windsurfing lessons.

if your resort has a game room, frequently visit it and you may find others there that you can befriend.

enjoy!

where are you staying???

Quote Originally Posted by Asap55 View Post
    I'm going to Aruba for the first time in 8 days (So excited) On the downside, I'm going with my parents. Now one day we'll be going snorkling and one day to the spa. But does anyone have any tips for me? I dont really want to be bored

Thanks! Sounds like a lot of fun I really cant wait! and we're staying at the Hyatt!

Aruba since 1979
    the hyatt is lovely
    believe me you will be so exhausted from your vacation that you will need a vacation just to recover.
    the hyatt is on the busiest area of the island....hi rise...palm beach.
    there are 2 malls up in that area.
    u will be able to walk to most things of interest.

being bored is NOT going to be your concern.
    and
    if you are doing a boat snorkel....the jolly pirates is loads of fun for teens.

enjoy and ........well i was going to say don't drink,........that's the mother in me speaking, so i will shut up.

andrea james

Quote Originally Posted by Asap55 View Post
    Thanks! Sounds like a lot of fun I really cant wait! and we're staying at the Hyatt!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the hyatt is lovely
    believe me you will be so exhausted from your vacation that you will need a vacation just to recover.
    the hyatt is on the busiest area of the island....hi rise...palm beach.
    there are 2 malls up in that area.
    u will be able to walk to most things of interest.

being bored is NOT going to be your concern.
    and
    if you are doing a boat snorkel....the jolly pirates is loads of fun for teens.

enjoy and ........well i was going to say don't drink,........that's the mother in me speaking, so i will shut up.

andrea james

Great! I feel a lot better now! and I think we're looking into Jolly Pirates, cant wait! and no worries, my mother is the same way! Drinking isnt my thing anyway!