Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time to aruba with a 3month old. please help w/ advice, tips, experience, etc

1st time to aruba with a 3month old. please help w/ advice, tips, experience, etc

Hello,

I will be traveling to Aruba with my 3 month old and family end of august. I am still not sure how i will feel by then traveling with a 3 month old ( kind of hesitant still ) but would love to hear some advice, tips and/or experiences you had traveling with an infant. ( on the plane ride and on the island)
    I plan on breast feeding.

Thanks for your time

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum.

when is the baby's due date?
    traveling with a 3 month old is certainly easier than traveling with a toddler.

hints for the plane....
    let the baby nurse during take off and landings
    (helps with ear pressure)

if you have to change a poop diaper, ask the flight attendant where the best place is to do it?

if you are buying a seat on the plane for the baby, make sure that your infant car seat/carrier is the kind that is approved for the particular airline.......if not, they will make you put it in checked luggage.

once in aruba
    a 3 month old eats nothing but formulla or breast milk, so there is nothing on your grocery list!!!

sunblock that is approved for infants

a nice shady spot at the pool or beach....do you have a pack and play? i recommend pack and play!!

remember to bring some bottles and nipples for water supplement. even infants need a nice swig of aruba water now and again!.

SWIM diapers. Some resorts/hotels will not allow babies in any kind of swim diapers in their pools. The ocean may be your option. Salt water is tough on baby's skin....so bring whatever soap/baby bath you will be using.

a large brimmed HAT.

long sleeved tee shirts for sun protection and air conditioning protection.

Quote Originally Posted by missanne View Post
    Hello,

I will be traveling to Aruba with my 3 month old and family end of august. I am still not sure how i will feel by then traveling with a 3 month old ( kind of hesitant still ) but would love to hear some advice, tips and/or experiences you had traveling with an infant. ( on the plane ride and on the island)
    I plan on breast feeding.

Thanks for your time

Welcome to the board, missanne.

You may have already looked into this, but just in case:

FUN IN THE SUN
    (American Academy of Pediatrics)
    Source: http://www.aap.org/advocacy/archives/tanning.htm

Babies under 6 months:
    • The two main recommendations from the AAP to prevent sunburn are to avoid sun exposure, and dress infants in lightweight long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and brimmed hats that shade the neck to prevent sunburn. However when adequate clothing and shade are not available, parents can apply a minimal amount of sunscreen with at least 15 SPF (sun protection factor) to small areas, such as the infant's face and the back of the hands. If an infant gets sunburn, apply cold compresses to the affected area.
    We took a friend of my son to Aruba who is very sun sensitive. He wore a UV protective shirt during the week, and came home burn free, and he said the shirt was very comfortable. I've seen lots of babies in Aruba in these outfits. Here's a link to a site that sells the clothing, as an example: http://www.solartex.com/servlet/the-...ion/Categories
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Andrea, you amaze me!

Aruba since 1979
    hahaha why?
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    Andrea, you amaze me!

We brought our 2 month old to Aruba a year ago. Let me tell you it was easier than taking a toddler. I brought a travel bassinet with me and brought it to the beach. I made sure it was under the palapa at all times and covered. The baby slept literally for 22 hours a day while in Aruba. I think she loved the air. We ran out of diapers and my husband took a cab to the supermarket and they have all American brands. They are cheaper than they are at home. We were also able to buy formula as well. I think they only had a couple of brands but we had run out and needed it. I also brought a baby swaddle carrier and basically carried her on my chest all week. I wasn't nursing so I was able to take turns with my husband for feedings. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hahaha why?
    I could of listed about two things! You (and Lisa) always have all the answers and then some.

Aruba since 1979
    that's why we " get paid the BIG BUCKS" not!

when our son was an infant, we traveled a few times between MA and FLA.
    (not aruba)
    When he was a toddler 18 mos to age 3, and a terrorist in training pants we traveled NOWHERE by plane as i was not one of those relaxed kind of moms that could have rolled well with the punches thrown our way.

Infants are so much easier!

Hi
    traveling with a 3 month is no problem, I have 3 kids between the age of 1 and 6. my first two kids were traveling since they were 3 month. to the state, Holland and St. Vincent. I never had any problem.

As Andrea stated, breast feed while taking off and while landing would be best.

If your baby is not use to the sun as yet, keep her in the shade under a hut or an umbrella. Make sure you have a brimmed had on his or her head so that her little nose and cheek are protected. As everyone says baby sunblock, Maybe try and bring one with you because the ones her are not cheap. .

You'll be amazed at the amount of babies you'll see on the beach enjoying themselves.

Your little will enjoy the cool breeze and mommy and family will enjoy the fun under the sun.

Norlene

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the forum.

a large brimmed HAT.
    Yes, welcome to the forum.

A hat...with the widest brim you can find and a under chin strap if tolerated

Quote Originally Posted by Norlene View Post
    If your baby is not use to the sun as yet, keep her in the shade under a hut or an umbrella. Make sure you have a brimmed had on his or her head so that her little nose and cheek are protected. As everyone says baby sunblock, Maybe try and bring one with you because the ones her are not cheap. Norlene
    Bring double the amount of sunscreen you "think" you will need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast