Aruba Beach

Thread: 4mo old and 3 yr. old tips? formula?

4mo old and 3 yr. old tips? formula?

Hi everyone. My husband and I have been enjoying aruba for 5 years now. We have brought our 3 year old daughter 2x first at 9mo. then again at 18mo. We now have a little one who will be 4mo. when we travel there in late august.

Does anyone have any tips for activities for our 3 year old...what family activities could we do? I already know to bring sunscreen and hats...and I've bought some very lightweight pants and shirts for our 4mo. old to wear. But I was looking for some other tips.

Also, our 4mo. old is on Similac Alimentum Liquid. Does anyone know if this can be purchased on the island? We are staying at LaCabana, do you know if I could have some shipped there?

I guess really any tips!!!
    Thanks so much,
    Heather

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Tips...lots of Oversize T shirts to be used as coverups or sunprotectors, blow up tubes, or arm bands
    Activities- butterfly place, watch the water show at nite at the new mall, walk downtown, rent a car and go to the drive in
    Snorkle cruise-plenty of kids go on.
    Depalm Island-Perfect for we-ones, not good for big kids
    Things I don't recommend- open air jeep, to dusty for kids and babies. Enjoy, and read on, others will weigh in ...

Smile

Hi Heather

My husband and I and my parents took my 4 1/2 month son to Aruba for Thanksgiving last year. We have been going for about 8 years now. We didn't do much besides shopping and the beach. For him we just kept him covered always and bought a little boat in the gift shop to put him in the pool which he loved.

As far as the formula that was my issue too. We packed 2 cases of similac sensitive formula with us! He would not drink the powdered formula so we had to pack the premade formula plus some cereal and fruit baby food. It was alot but we had no choice. We looked into shipping it and it was really expensive. When I was in Aruba I looked for similac formula and I didn't see it anywhere. Sorry. Maybe someone living there if they read this could advise more.

Michele

Hi,
    I live on Aruba (and have kids). You can buy Similac on Aruba. But not in the Supermarket. You have to go to the pharmacy (botica as we call it here) and ask for it, there is one in front of the hospital, Botica Eagle. Also there is a dutch drugstore called DA. They sell Similac and Nutrilon. But I would get in touch with them before you go. The pharmacy doesn't have a website (not that I can find), but click on this link, and you can send them a e-mail http://www.yellowpages-aruba.com/mai...ustomerID=7784
    and this one is for the drugstore http://goudengids.yellowpages-aruba....tomerID=109526
    Hope this helps

from what i remember, the island only carries the most common formulas - not the specialized ones such as enfamil prosobee, similac alimentum, etc....but i bet the hotel's concierge may be able to help. for my honeymoon, i got them to import lavender roses from venezuela - thus, i'm sure they would import the formulas.

We just brought the formula in our carry-ons. We have friends who also ship their stuff to the hotel every year so when they get there it's waiting for them.