Aruba Beach

Thread: Activities For Our 20 Mo. Old?

Talking Activities For Our 20 Mo. Old?

HI EVERYONE! MY HUSBAND & I AND OUR 20 MO. OLD DAUGHTER WILL BE FLYING TO ARUBA IN 11 DAYS (06.07.08)! YAY!
    I'VE BEEN GETTING ADVICE ON OUR TO KEEP OUR HIGHLEY ACTIVE DAUGHTER SITUATED FOR OUR 5 HOUR AIRPLANE FLIGHT. THE AIRPLANE RIDE IS VERY NERVE RACKING FOR ME SINCE MY HUSBAND & I HAVE ONLY FLOWN 1 OTHER TIME IN OUR ENTIRE LIVES, SO WE ARE BOTH PRETTY NERVOUS!

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT ACTIVITIES THERE ARE TO DO AS A FAMILY? IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH ANY ADVICE ON TAKING THERE YOUNG CHILDREN I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

THANK YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO BE IN ARUBA!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    things to do and bring....butterfly farm, rent a car and hit baby beach, bring a blow up boat thing for the baby to float in, plenty of suncreen...I will tell you a jeep maybe out of the question...the ride is really rough out in the desert and dusty. I don't know how much of an adventure you want, but the catamaran rides are a blast. Bring a life vest with you....

Cool Spend time at the Beach

I would spend most of my time at the beach with a 20-month old. You may also want to visit the Ostrich farm on your trip and a boat trip would be fun as well. Walks in and around your resort are also a simple way to spend some fun time with your child (your child will probably get a kick out of the iguanas around the resorts).

As for the plane ride, I would just make sure that you bring a few of your child's favourite toys with you. Indeed, the more that you have to amuse her, the quicker the plane ride will be for you/your daughter.

BTW - If you do rent a car, make sure that you get one with a top and air conditioning (it is very hot and the sun is strong in Aruba). Furthermore, many rental car agencies can rent you a car with a car seat, hence, you do not need to bring your own.

I also agree that the best way to entertain a 20 month old would be at the beach, by the pool, and around the resorts. In addition to the iguanas, some of the hotels have parrots. Another activity would be to visit the butterfly farm. Another suggestion for the plane ride is to bring a portable DVD player. Good luck and have fun!

The Donkey Sanctuary would be fun. Your child can feed the donkeys carrots and apples.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~