Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Inclusive or Not?

All Inclusive or Not?

Hi,

We've decided to stay at the Westin in February. I can't decide if we should do all inclusive or not. I would like the option to try restaurants at other hotels or in town, rather than being stuck at Westin restaurants. What if we don't like them? Not sure if we will feel up to taking a taxi to town for dinner. We will only be there 4 nights and want to spend as much time at the beach as possible. How are the restaurants at the Westin? Kid friendly? Our kids are 9 and 12.

Help!

TIA

Kids 17 years of under stay, eat and play free at the Tamarijn All Inclusive. For us it makes the trip much more affordable and we only have one child. The resort itself is only 3 star, not 4 star like the Westin, and has a rather plain swimming pool, but all of the roomsare directly oceanfront. For us this is well worth the trade off of a fancy resort in the high rise area. Our 13 yo loves the all she can eat snacks, popcorn, self serve ice cream and frozen virgin cocktails. Oh and did I mention self serve all you can drink soda?

More posts about the Tamarijn
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn.html
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-14-2009 at 01:28 AM.

We go AI, I don't know Westin policy's, but your kid's might fall into the kids eat for free category? With only 4 days and I assume hence the kids not a lot of (adult beverages) , AI might not be the way to go for you. If you decide to eat off site the local bus is $2.30pp round trip to town & safe. Also many places within walking.

We do all-inclusive. No cash to carry- everyone eats at will. Which for teens is oh lets see CONSTANTLY. AI really takes a lot of stress and hassle out of the trip. And we always sign up for the dinner reservations at the nicer spots at the beginning of the trip- this is when I insist everyone gather to tell their vacation tales. very cool.

Peace
    Liz

I am staying at the Occidental in July. We will 99% get the AI. I have 2 kids 6 and 4. They love the frozen virgin drinks. So the AI will allow all that they want. I drank only water on the trip last time, and i am a huge Diet soda person. After some calculations it will only cost a little more per day for the AI, but then it is all you can eat and drink, no worries.

For the food, I am not going for the FOOD really. I found the food to be very good. But truthfully NO different than what we get home. So to pay the extra money and have to skimp on the drinks and snacks and stuff, which is what adds up. We decide to do the AI. We are not very picky when it comes to food, so I am sure that the AI restaurants will be find for us.
    Decided to take down my timer!

AI or not to AI

personal opinion - the allure of Aruba is to have visitors enjoy the great restaurants Aruba has to offer. There is an abundance of food to enjoy ranging from local fare to international cuisine. IMHO, all inclusive means eating at the buffet at the old folks home . . . bland, no variety, and you line up like cattle!

Get out and enjoy what Aruba truly has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    personal opinion - the allure of Aruba is to have visitors enjoy the great restaurants Aruba has to offer. There is an abundance of food to enjoy ranging from local fare to international cuisine. IMHO, all inclusive means eating at the buffet at the old folks home . . . bland, no variety, and you line up like cattle!

Get out and enjoy what Aruba truly has to offer.
    While the buffet is the main attraction with AI, there are plenty of nice restaurants in the resorts as part of the AI.

All inclusive or not

Out of curiousity, what are the all inclusive prices at the Westin, Occidental and the Tamarijyn and are there various restaurants to choose from?
    Sorry, I missed the one above me, but what is the cost per person?

Aruba since 1979
    www.aruba4u.com

the prices change often
    you need to have a travel professional give you the differences.
    contact amy at the above site.

you may be able to get a rough figure online, but will not be very accurate.

Prices will vary upon time of year more than anything.

If you go to the individual websites for each resort you will find information on restaurants available through the all inclusive any surcharges and restrictions.

There are no restrictions or surcharges at the Divi/Tamarijn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast