Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Aruba with a 1 year old

Aruba with a 1 year old

Hey this will be our 6th trip to Aruba and we are bringing the new addition to the family. Any tips from anyone who has traveled with a 1 year old would be helpful. One of our main concerns is a car seat and taxis.. I read somewhere about a guy who maybe posts on these boards who has a car seat?

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Three years ago we traveled to Aruba with our 1 and 3 yr old grand children. We took their car seats with us. It was no problem on the plane. It worked out great when we used rental cars. Another place we used them was on the beach, under the umbrella.
    Good Luck on your upcoming vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    bring your car seat from home is the way to go

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    paule350,

We will be traveling with our 1yr old at the beginning of February. My 5th trip.

I don't know when you are planning to travel ,but if it is after us, I can let you know how it goes. Where are you staying?
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

All good advice posted above. We even had 2 grandson younger than 1 along on different trips. Of course daughter was along. If still using that baby type car seat bring it. Great for carring baby around the airport and waiting for plane. If child gets bigger bring one of those canvas strollers that fold as great for pushing child around airport and resort. Airline will tag either at gate and you get them back getting off plane.
    Under a hut in that great breeze ours would sleep in the nice breeze.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 12-29-2011 at 08:13 PM.

We've been taking our girls to aruba every year since they were 6 months. Hard to believe my oldest will be 6 years in a couple months.

Anyhow... We bring our carseats and gate check them for flights (along with a stroller). They are waiting for us as we get off the plane.

Have a great trip!

Hi ctfirewife-mjn109,
    I'm also traveling with my 1 year old on May. Can you please let me know how it goes?
    Tks,
    Marco

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    I most definately will Marco.
    I am sure you are looking forward to your trip, it will be here before you know it!

I am not so much worried about the hotel stay as the resort is so family friendly, but the flights. I pray my son sleeps most of the way!
    Last edited by ctfirewife; 01-26-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Tks! Im also worried about the flight!! Lets hope everything goes well. Have a nice trip and hope to hear from you.
    Rgds,
    Marco

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    Marco...when my kids and granddaugthers were babies the doctor had told us on takeoff to make sure they are hungry...not starving but hungry...babies will suck harder on the bottle and their ears will pop so they won't be in any pain.....just trying to help...it did work for us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast