Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Aruba with a 1 year old

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    Marco,
    we got back on Sunday and all in all we had a great time with our 1yr old Dylan. He was a bit sick before we left home and ultimately got sicker while we were in Aruba so we had to see a doctor but our hotel referred us to a great one and he got some medicine and was better in no time.

He did very well on the airplane with some benadryl to help him sleep and we did feed him some cherrios while we were landing so he would keep swallowing to prevent his ears from bothering him. He did have his own seat so he was in his infant car seat for the ride. He liked the beach and the pool at the hotel and we did not go out to eat too much because we were staying in a timeshare. It was different to be there with a child, as we've been there a few times before we had him, but all in all the memories we made this trip were great. You will have a lot of fun.

My biggest recommendations are: LOTS of good sunscreen. I used Blue Lizard brand which is from Austrailia. He did not burn at all and even has a bit of a tan. My son is very fair with blonde hair/blue eyes.
    Also, it is great that the water there is very safe to drink...the 2nd largest desalinization plant in the world...so have your baby drink up! Stay hydrated.
    A baby float with a cover to keep them out of the sun but still able to enjoy the water.
    Other than that, enjoy it!!! You will love it!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Bully has a carseat.

We love Blue Lizard. It can be hard to find so start early.

I bought it on Amazon.com, I am an Amazon addict, but I did pay a pretty penny for it. It was worth it though.

Hi ctfirewife,
    First of all, sorry for my late response. Carnival week in Brazil and I was no where near wi-fi hotspots!
    Second, tks. Tks so much for the tips. I really apreciate them.
    I hope I have the same fun as you guys did.
    Saudações do Brasil,
    Marco

OH! that sounds like SO much fun!

You are VERY welcome! : )

I travelled with my daughter who was 14 months at the time. I wish I'd brought my own car seat from home. Buly the cab driver had one and was amazing. However, not all other taxis have them nor do they have decent ones. We rented a car and rented a car seat from them. It was extrememly worn, unsafe according to Canadian or US standards and I didn't even know how to safely install it. They had no instructions for it and refused to help me install it for liability reasons and because I think they didn't know how. I paid a premium for this crap seat and was nervous anytime we took our daughter out in it.
    We rented from a reputable company well known in North Anerica and not dome cheap discount outfit. From speaking to others around town and in our resort, the consensus is, bring your own car seat. I suggest taking a stroller car seat combo. Ativan drivers are scary by the way.

Aruba since 1979
    what are ativan drivers?
    QUOTE=amarg;227353]I travelled with my daughter who was 14 months at the time. I wish I'd brought my own car seat from home. Buly the cab driver had one and was amazing. However, not all other taxis have them nor do they have decent ones. We rented a car and rented a car seat from them. It was extrememly worn, unsafe according to Canadian or US standards and I didn't even know how to safely install it. They had no instructions for it and refused to help me install it for liability reasons and because I think they didn't know how. I paid a premium for this crap seat and was nervous anytime we took our daughter out in it.
    We rented from a reputable company well known in North Anerica and not dome cheap discount outfit. From speaking to others around town and in our resort, the consensus is, bring your own car seat. I suggest taking a stroller car seat combo. Ativan drivers are scary by the way.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12