Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Aruba addiction

Jax

Aruba addiction

Hello! I am headed back to Aruba in November for my second trip. I went last year with a couple of friends to celebrate my birthday and now I am completely hooked. What is it with this place that sinks its claws into you? I have conned my Mom and Dad into going this year and I am taking my 7 year old daughter as well. I really think that my Mom and Dad agreed to go just to get me to shut up about Aruba.

Since I am taking my daughter out of school to go on this trip, does anyone have any suggestions where to go so she (we) may get some local culture. We have booked a tour with Cerry and that might be our best bet. I would love any suggestions though!

Aruba since 1979
    although butterflies are not culture..........i'd opt for the butterfly farm (in the mornings when it is cooler)

the bon bini festival downtown is a nice event.

a drive thru the arikok national park is beautiful.

using a video camera............a nice fun project would be interviewing Arubans and asking them questions about their life.

she could do a presentation to her class when she returns to school!!!

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    The Donkey and Ostrich farm might be good as well.
    Mike M

Pool Side in

The Donkey Sanctuary www.arubandonkey.org/ would be a positive and fun experience for a 7 year old. Though not native to Aruba, donkeys have been on the island for 550 years after having been introduced as transportation. The sanctuary facilities now protect the donkeys from cars and other threats.

From my trip review:
    "Aruba Donkey Sanctuary
    http://www.arubadonkey.org
    This was another fun diversion from the beach for a few hours. The day we were there it was hot and surely dry and dusty, but seeing all those happy donkeys devouring the apples and carrots we had brought for them was priceless. Even more special was being able to meet the two sweet babies Mirna born in February and Roulette born in January.

A lesson we learned was that upon entry, you will be swarmed by the donkeys if they know you have the food. Hold the food above your head and walk through and up to the building where the store and refreshments are. It has a nice patio which is fenced in. There you can slice up the apples, behind the protection of a railing and feed the donkeys one by one.

The sanctuary is run entirely by volunteers and all of the donkeys are fed with hay purchased solely through donations. There is no admission but donations are appreciated and this organization is surely a worthwhile cause. Their next goal is raising $300,000 in order to build a fence around their future location in Bringamosa. I have already added the T-Shirt Hay Donation to my Christmas list."
    You could also check out some of the museums
    www.aruba.com/ExploreAruba/Culture/museums.aspx

Jax
    Thank you guys so much for the suggestions and quick replies. I have spent countless hours perusing the forum for suggestions and thoughts before my last trip and just find myself here every day since I got back. I guess trying to relive my trip.

Aruba since 1979
    many of us live vicariously thru this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Thank you guys so much for the suggestions and quick replies. I have spent countless hours perusing the forum for suggestions and thoughts before my last trip and just find myself here every day since I got back. I guess trying to relive my trip.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    many of us live vicariously thru this forum.
    Oh Andrea, SO TRUE!!!!

i have been back from aruba for 2 weeks now and i am so missing the sun. back to cold england and hard to get used too. cannot even show off my tan and its fading very fast

Hey Jax,

my family will be taking our boys out of school for a week in November too. We have a 7 year old and a 6 year old. We def plan to do the tour with Cerry, Ostrich Farm.

Smile

Someone can correct me on the night but Monday or Tuesday night, they have a show downtown that is a very interesting culture show. Nice costumes and a really nice show. Have a great time! Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast