Aruba Beach

Thread: For the Aruba experts

For the Aruba experts

We are traveling to Aruba next week with our 2.5 year old. My father and his wife are coming too, having been to Aruba for years and years and loving it.
    I feel very well prepared for the trip (thank you to this board!), the travel, etc. But I thought that I should check with the experts to see if I am forgetting anything...

Airplane goodies are all set. Lots of new toys, books, and dvds.

We are set to have Hubert meet us at the airport with a carseat when we arrive.

We are staying at the Occidental and already have a crib reserved.

Tons of sunscreen is packed, a water floatie, comfy shoes and a stroller.

My father suggested bringing beach toys, but I hate to lug them along with all the other stuff that we have to bring.

We hope to rent a jeep one day, if we can find one that can provide a carseat (I havent called yet...).

Not bringing a Halloween costume, but hope to maybe see some other fun kiddos dressed up.

Can you think of anything else that would be helpful for me to bring to know??

THANKS!

I would suggest, instead of water floaties, a child's full life jacket. I prefered this, especially in the ocean. The top of the collar has a loop which is good for hanging onto your child and the life jacket is a much safer flotation device. I would bring it with us in our suitcase and I was always amazed at how many people commented on what a good idea this was.

In addition, if you want to any boating, it is not easy to find a properly fitting small life jacket. You will be all set!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Sounds like you are well prepared.

My father suggested bringing beach toys, but I hate to lug them along with all the other stuff that we have to bring.
    I am not sure about shops at the Occidental, but there is a sundries shop next door at the Radisson where you will be able to purchase these items. There is also a mini-market within walking distance at the Playa Linda.

We hope to rent a jeep one day, if we can find one that can provide a carseat (I havent called yet...).
    Ask your resort's concierge to find a rental company which offers car seats and then to make the reservation for you.

Not bringing a Halloween costume, but hope to maybe see some other fun kiddos dressed up.
    HALLOWEEN KIDS' CELEBRATION @ Paseo Herencia
    The mall is walking distance from the Occidental.