Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aruba vs. Disney

Aruba vs. Disney

My granddaughters were given the choice of a week at Disney or a week at the Surf Club in Aruba...they chose Aruba! Lol! They took one of our weeks 2 years ago and have been begging to go back. They are 8 and 5 and enjoy everything about the island...sun,beach,lazy river. Sarah the oldest loves Texas de Brazil and gelato on the way back to the beach. They will be there in July and we will follow in October. All good.

Our 14 yo dd is of the same mind set, Aruba over Disney any day. She had her eyes now set on Atlantis until her Dad told her that 4 nights there = 12 nights Aruba.

LOL...who knew Mickey Mouse never stood a chance... My gand daughter said her week in Aruba was her best vacation ever...pretty good for a worldly 8 year old!

Good to hear that even children that young know that Disney is no better that a beautiful island like our Aruba. Glad they love it like all of us.

wow, that is cool....I agree, I would choose aruba over disney anyday.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Smile

While I'm not willing to cast aspersions on Disney (we're shareholders, members of Disney Vacation Club (DVC), and go to a Disney resort probably once a year) and we think it's a great vacation destination, we certainly don't for a minute believe that it's the only one.

I think it's great that kids would pick an Aruba vacation over a Disney trip. My wife and I are returning to Aruba (our 3rd time) this June with our 8-year old nephew and using an exchange of our DVC week with one at Playa Linda. He is really looking forward to being able go swimming every day in the Caribbean and that certainly isn't something that you can do at Walt Disney World.

Also, Disney certainly isn't oblivious to Aruba's charms since there was a stop there as part of the January 2011 15-night Panama Canal Westbound Cruise on Disney's Wonder

I agree with you that Disney is a great destination. Too often, kids are unaware of other vacation options. My grand daughters love Disney, but enjoy being able to visit a spectacular place like Aruba. My guess is next year will draw them to florida, but for now, the beaches and pool await.

Aruba since 1979
    i am a HUGE disney fan.
    disney does NOT hold a candle to aruba.
    aruba is less costly.

I have to agree, although , I love the kid feeling and pixie dusting when i walk on the street and look up at that Castle, it is a magical place, but than so is Aruba, and relaxing is what i like to do best

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    I have to agree, although , I love the kid feeling and pixie dusting when i walk on the street and look up at that Castle, it is a magical place, but than so is Aruba, and relaxing is what i like to do best
    Kath, seriously honestly have you not ever heard of Aruba pixie dust?
    It is that powder white sugary sand, oh so warm, but never too hot under your feet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast