Aruba Beach

Thread: Atlantis Submarine or Semi-sub with 3 yr. old?

Question Atlantis Submarine or Semi-sub with 3 yr. old?

Hi everyone...
    We will be going to Aruba in 2 weeks with our 3 year old and 4mo. old. My 3yr. old is veryinto water and fish..I was thinking about doing the Atlantis...but wasn't sure how she'd do with being completely submerged...so I also saw the semi sub...
    do you think the semi-sub is worth it or do you really not see much?
    Thanks for any advice you can give!

Also do you recommend any other activities? We are thinking about the DePalm island and the waterpark for our 3yr. old.

the semi sub is decent - not sure if it was worth the money $30 or something. you're essentially in the hull of a mid-sized boat looking out of small windows. you do get to see a good variety of fishes in the corals and such. the ride is smooth. it's definitely not the most exciting thing.

depalm island has a very shallow coral viewing area with their marquee parrot fish or something (huge blue fish). the serve buffet comprised mostly of finger foods - hot dogs, etc...the waterpark wasn't opened when i went.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    If I where you I would ditch the idea of the sub....kinda dull....Depalm island is perfect for your 3 yr old...

We took our children when they were 3 and 7 on the partial sub. We were told at the time that you had to be a certain age to go on the Atlantis, cant remember the age, but it was older than 3. The kids loved the partial sub and my husband and I enjoyed it a lot as well. We did go the following year again, but the water was very rough and my daughter and i got very sea sick. I was so nauseous i never looked out the window. I would definitely recommend it if the waters are calm. We did see a lot of pretty fish and a shipwreck.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

my son was only 14 months old when we took him on it in july 2007. i guess they got rid of the restrictions.