Aruba Beach

Thread: Babies in Aruba

Babies in Aruba

My husband and I will be making our 4th trip to Aruba but our first trip with our brand new daughter who will be 8 months when we go in a month. We have never had problems drinking the water in Aruba but I'm wondering if we should let our daughter drink it? What would you do? I'm just a nervous nilly when it comes to my daughter
    Thanks!

Started bringing our grandchildren to the island back in the early 80s and never had a problem with the water. The island has the worlds second largest desalinazation plant next to Saudi Arabia and the water is perfectly safe. The Aruban babies are very healthy and as I said we never had a problem. Our grand-daughter was 2 and our grandson was 4 months when they began coming to the island and still join us every year.

The water is 100% SAFE! You should be concerned about too much sun for your daughter, but not the water. Have fun!

Kiss44 is right- forgot to mention the sun. Bring a hat for the baby to wear at all times when outdoors.

Cool You will be fine

I wouldn't worry. I have brought my 2-year old daughter the last two years and I have not had a problem with the water or the food. I do agree with the other posts that you really have to make sure that your daughter does not get too much sun. Indeed, a hat and sunscreen are items that you must have in Aruba for daughter. Furthermore, if you rent a car, make sure that you rent one with a top and air conditioning.

Sounds good! Thanks!

Hi Dana

Glad you asked the question, we are going to Aruba on the 29th May for 2wks with our 9month old baby. It will be our 3rd trip to Aruba. I have been wondering if the water would be ok for her so glad you asked the question.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Things to bring...a baby blow up boat, water wings, sand toys....have fun ! cindyo

The water is wonderful!!!!!!....and you sound like a great parent, not a nervous nilly.