Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Best Money Saving Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    When is the "low season" I am not sure. Thanks for the advice.

Mid April to mid December is considered low season.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We always buy breakfast foods, plenty of snacks and lots of water and other beverages to keep in our timeshare. Dinner is always out but we don't see a need to eat out morning noon and night. Leftovers from some of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at for lunch are always good as well.

Just waiting until April 15th to board that plane for 3 wonderful weeks in Aruba!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lianac View Post
    We always buy breakfast foods, plenty of snacks and lots of water and other beverages to keep in our timeshare. Dinner is always out but we don't see a need to eat out morning noon and night. Leftovers from some of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at for lunch are always good as well.

Just waiting until April 15th to board that plane for 3 wonderful weeks in Aruba!!
    Hi Lianac!! Welcome to the posting side of the forum
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Got this coupon card coming in the mail... good till the end of December
    If anyone wants it when I am forced to leave Aruba against my will... can have it.
    Would like to share the wealth. Lots of discounts on many places.
    Cathi

Thank you. It is good to know for us new people.

The wife and I just got back from Aruba on Monday the 16th. We saved a ton of money by shopping at Ling and Sons (IGA grocery store) The prices were fair and the selection of products was good. If you are looking for fresh seafood head to Zeerover were you can buy shrimp by the kilo. While you are there have a drink right on the water...great location and wonderful people.

We're a little flexible with our travel dates in the late winter and early fall, so the first thing we do is watch the airfare. If we can find a round trip for $435pp or less we take it. We also use our rewards credit card, Capitol 1, for travel credit and can usually accrue enough points for at least one free ticket.
    The first two times we went to the island we stayed on Palm Beach, but now we rent a condo in the Noord area. We've found that we save a ton, which allows us to rent a car while we're there and really enjoy the island. Even with car rental we're way ahead of the game.
    We stock up on food and beverage, usually from Super Foods, so that we can provide for ourselves in the morning and early afternoon, while we hang around the pool. We also carry a soft pack cooler to bring with us, just in case we get thirsty...Later in the day we'll head to a local restaurant for a light snack and beverage. After that we'll make our way to the beach, usually close to a location that is offering a happy hour. We'll usually stay in that location and watch the sunset.
    Once a week we'll go to a restaurant in the tourist area for dinner. Sometimes it's a repeat but we usually try at least one new place. Other nights we'll look for a local place, away from the tourist area, for a late night snack and beverage.
    We've also gotten to the point where we'll avoid and checked baggage fees, as we travel only with a carry on.
    We get to the island often enough to have realized that it can't all be done in one trip. This makes for a much need relaxing and money saving vacation.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba .com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by Millszey View Post
    The wife and I just got back from Aruba on Monday the 16th. We saved a ton of money by shopping at Ling and Sons (IGA grocery store) The prices were fair and the selection of products was good. If you are looking for fresh seafood head to Zeerover were you can buy shrimp by the kilo. While you are there have a drink right on the water...great location and wonderful people.

My husband has Platinum status so we don't have baggage fees so we bring everything we need including floats, pool noodles and dollar store sand buckets for the kids and then the kids enjoy finding people to give them to on our last day, everything we bring is from the dollar store so we probably save $50 or more.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

Thanks for reminding me... flying southwest and each can have two suitcases and one carry one.
    Think I will bring my little travel coffee pot... (need my coffee before I can do a "thing" lol)
    My own floats, air pump, those little mios to put in water and make awesome drinks.. and of course snacks.
    Need my bedtime snack. lol
    Do have some of my things ready to go.. tickets, passports, hotel reservation .
    Usually we stay the night before through www.buyreservations.com stay the night, they take us to the airport, leave our car for up to 14 days.. nice breakfast too. This time since we are leaving when I get out of work early 6am will just pay the difference and go straight to the airport.
    Won't have to worry about shuttles and etc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast