Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Best Money Saving Tips

Andrea, I just came back from our first trip to Aruba last week (we are Canadians and are HOOKED LOL) My hubby even wants to retire there LOL.... I find comments that people make that are rude just reflects on them and would be outraged if someone said that to me.... I am not rich but chose to be "picky" on how I spend my money and I can honestly say that I am so glad I brought in my suitcase lots of snacks and coffee and even my gluten free bread down to Aruba LOL... I am so glad I found this board because prior to me leaving is where I got all my good advice from.... One of the ONLY things I had a pet peeve in Aruba was there are NO PUBLIC WASHROOMS on the beaches.... (I had to take a dump one day and drove all the way to a McDonalds cause I wasn't going to make it back to the villa LOL)..... Next year is already booked and I will be bringing HALF the clothes and MORE gifts for the couple we rented the house from as they were as sweet as pie and LOVED us ! I even brought my homemade Portuguese hot sauce and bought fresh shrimps from ZeeRover (sp?) and did a cook out with them on our last night! Favorite beach- Malmok -hands down (went four times LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlingqueen View Post
    Andrea, I just came back from our first trip to Aruba last week (we are Canadians and are HOOKED LOL) My hubby even wants to retire there LOL.... I find comments that people make that are rude just reflects on them and would be outraged if someone said that to me.... I am not rich but chose to be "picky" on how I spend my money and I can honestly say that I am so glad I brought in my suitcase lots of snacks and coffee and even my gluten free bread down to Aruba LOL... I am so glad I found this board because prior to me leaving is where I got all my good advice from.... One of the ONLY things I had a pet peeve in Aruba was there are NO PUBLIC WASHROOMS on the beaches.... (I had to take a dump one day and drove all the way to a McDonalds cause I wasn't going to make it back to the villa LOL)..... Next year is already booked and I will be bringing HALF the clothes and MORE gifts for the couple we rented the house from as they were as sweet as pie and LOVED us ! I even brought my homemade Portuguese hot sauce and bought fresh shrimps from ZeeRover (sp?) and did a cook out with them on our last night! Favorite beach- Malmok -hands down (went four times LOL)

Sounds like a great time - of course you are hooked! lol

Would you consider writing a little more about your trip in the "My Aruba Story" section? I would love to read about Aruba thru the eyes of a new visitor!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the posting side of the Aruba.com community forum!

Aruba is, in the process of public bathrooms on the beaches.
    There is one at Arashi......(not yet open), one at Eagle.........(not yet open) one at Surfside..........unsure if open.
    I think there are others.

Depending on where you go out to for dinner on evenings, some places tend to be very generous with the portions which would make it too much to eat in one sitting. Leftovers can be used for breakfast and maybe lunch for the following day. Sunday Barbecue from New Wi-Tai restaurant was enough for dinner Sunday evening, in addition to breakfast and lunch on Monday.

Where is this located?

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Depending on where you go out to for dinner on evenings, some places tend to be very generous with the portions which would make it too much to eat in one sitting. Leftovers can be used for breakfast and maybe lunch for the following day. Sunday Barbecue from New Wi-Tai restaurant was enough for dinner Sunday evening, in addition to breakfast and lunch on Monday.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Where is this located?
    Rte 3, corner to Washington

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ne...!4d-70.0365875

That's where I thought it was. Been by there a zillion times, but couldn't place the name to the location. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Last edited by schexc; 06-30-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    That's where I thought it was. Been by there a zillion times, but couldn't place the name to,the location. Thanks!
    My pleasure.

Please let us know how your liked it there whenever you have a chance to visit there.

New Wi-Tai is located on the corner after the Valero Gas Station and just before the Bank( CMB I think)... They start their barbecue around 11am, trust me it is really good. There used to be another place known as Uncle Kenny's Barbecue. Not too certain if he is still in business or not.

I usually carry snacks like dry fruits, wafers, and other things. I avoid shopping at the expensive places.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345