Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Boys 8 and 6 planning activities

Boys 8 and 6 planning activities

So we are preparing to plan a trip next winter! We will have our boys who are currently 8 & 6 (so by then they will be 9 & 7). We will be doing the Tam that way I don't have to budget $$$$ for food & cocktails.

We are thinking of doing the jolly pirates one day, not sure if we should do a day of the jeep tour or rent our own. We rented one ourselves 12 years ago when we were there.

We would like to do a few excursions. Hubby is padi certified for scuba not sure where he can go on a dive. Both boys are great swimmers. Oldest wants to scuba or snuba any one have info on that?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

jolly pirates is always a fun time!

here is the link to depalm tours.
    they have scuba, snuba and jeep tours....
    check out their site.
    http://www.depalmtours.com/snuba/

another good jeep tour place is kini kini, here is their link
    http://www.kinikinitours.com/index.p...d=23&Itemid=19

i am not sure the age requirement for a resort scuba course....arubalisa may know as her daughter took the resort course a few years ago and the open water certification almost 2 yrs ago.

tons of choices for scuba for your husband and check this link for "resort scuba course too" , again, i do not know the age restrictions.
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/sear...x?bc=excursion

word of caution
    do not overdo.
    sometimes folks sign up for too many activities and it is difficult to tear away from the beach to go a planned activity.
    but, if you folks are "not vegetate on the beach kind of people," then go for as many activities as you can squeeze in!

you got lots of time to do lots of research using this aruba.com site!
    Quote Originally Posted by melissalynf View Post
    So we are preparing to plan a trip next winter! We will have our boys who are currently 8 & 6 (so by then they will be 9 & 7). We will be doing the Tam that way I don't have to budget $$$$ for food & cocktails.

We are thinking of doing the jolly pirates one day, not sure if we should do a day of the jeep tour or rent our own. We rented one ourselves 12 years ago when we were there.

We would like to do a few excursions. Hubby is padi certified for scuba not sure where he can go on a dive. Both boys are great swimmers. Oldest wants to scuba or snuba any one have info on that?

Thank you!
    I am the only one to vegetate on the beach! The rest are gogogo! We hope to go 10-14 days and 3 excursions would be good for hat time!

Jolly Pirates at the age of 12

Learning to dive at the age of 10

Now at the age of 16 dd is a certified diver. She received her certification two summers ago.

I am no longer able to dive so send dh and dd out, while I vegetate on the beach. I did just that in St. Thomas a few weeks ago

Thank you for sharing!

One day you can go to the Butterfly Farm, Ostrich Farm, Phillips Animal Garden and Donkey Sanctuary.

Day two, you can take a 4 x 4 and tour the island, same day or another day you can stop at Arashi and Baby beach for swimming and or Boca Catalina for snorkeling.

Day three, a lunch sail on Jolly Pirates is a must.

I was thinking the submarine trip would be fun but don't have any first hand experience. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Yes we looked @ that but if we are doing snorkle & snuba I think they will enjoy that more.

I second Jolly Pirates and Phillips Animal Garden - our kids enjoyed both, ages 9 and 12. Have fun!

We did the Butterfly farm a couple of years ago and found it very interesting and informative. Don't know if your boys are into "bugs", but they might enjoy it. Go early before the butterflies get "drunk".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast