Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Boys 8 and 6 planning activities

Aruba since 1979
    it is always good to get to the butterfly farm before it gets too hot...............tell me about the drunk butterflies
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We did the Butterfly farm a couple of years ago and found it very interesting and informative. Don't know if your boys are into "bugs", but they might enjoy it. Go early before the butterflies get "drunk".

Jolly Pirates

A few words on Jolly Pirates - it is a blast! We had a great time, but remember it is an open bar party boat. I only bring this up because some people don't like their children exposed to excessive drinking and some light hearted sexual innuendo between passengers and crew. We have been twice, once was pretty mellow crowd with dancing and general good time. The other time was much more of a party crowd - the dancing got a little raunchy and the drinks were definitely flowing. I don't have children so I can not be a true judge of what is age appropriate, but I do have friends and family that I know would not have been comfortable with their preteens in that situation.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-01-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: missing the word not in my last sentence
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We have been taking the Jolly Pirate sunset cruise for the last 6 visits. It is a family BLAST!!
    one of my favorite activities to do on the island. no problem for the boys if they are active and swim .... the rope swing is loads of entertainment.
    my 5 year old hasnt mustered the courage to jump of the rope swing yet but he gets a kick out of watching the participants. the cruise is about 2-hours and perfect amount of time for younger kids.

they have a snorkel cruise that's a bit longer that we are trying this march for the first time.

snorkeling is easy for the young ones once they get a hang of the breathing. my middle boy just bobs his head in the water with the mask holding his breath. this is best learned in shallow waters like baby beach. the JP tour goes to some coves and deeper areas like the ship wreck as well. younger kids might get a bit nervous off the coastline and away from land.

for activities at that age -
    def try a jeep tour. serri (SP?? search for him on site) does a real nice private tour.
    phillipes animal sanctuary is really cool
    water sports abound

stay away from submarine. if the water is abit choppy your tummy will know
    RP
    Last edited by NJ Ralph; 02-01-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is always good to get to the butterfly farm before it gets too hot...............tell me about the drunk butterflies
    We went there a few years ago and the butterflys drink from fermented fruit and do get drunk according to the guide.

Aruba since 1979
    cool
    just like me drinking fermented grapes
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    We went there a few years ago and the butterflys drink from fermented fruit and do get drunk according to the guide.

Yes, what Arubabob said. I belive the butterflies are just on Aruba enjoying an adult beverage like the rest of us from time to time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12