Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car seats and taxis

Car seats and taxis

Do we need to bring a carseat from home? What are the laws about taking a toddler in a taxi in Aruba? Can I rent one there for cheap? From who? I'd rather bring only a small umbrella stroller and leave the carseat at home but I will take it if I have too.

Firsttimer, I just returned from Aruba with my son who is the same age as your little one. We used Bully as our driver and he always had a car seat with him...what a wonderful gentleman! His email address is bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. He's truly wonderful to work with...he was waiting for us at the airport on our arrival and we used his services several times for restaurant trips, as well as for our departure.

One day he was going to be a few minutes late and called another taxi driver's cell phone so that that driver could find me and advise me that Bully was on his way. Really outstanding service!

As for the stroller issue, we took a very small, collapsable stroller and checked it at the gate. It was invaluable during our trip...used it to walk around Palm Beach at night and my son napped in it on the beach during the day.

Enjoy your trip!

Wendy
    if the carseat fits on the plane seat, use it.
    if it does not fit right, it will be tagged and sent underneath plane.
    your child may be more comfortable in his own seat!

some taxi co. have car seats.
    some rental car co. have car seats at an additional cost.

contact TAXIDRIVER on this site
    OR
    Cyril Croes on this site

they are both taxi drivers bully and cerry

they can probably answer questions re: car seats in the taxi.

a lightweight umbrella stroller might be the ticket!!!
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f8/questions-about-carseats-strollers-45821/

Arubalisa, you are a veritable font of information. Do u have tips and advice on bringing an active 13 month old (at time of travel she will be just 13 mos) to Aruba. What should I be sure not to forget and what am I better off buying there and packing a bit lighter?

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately though a mother, I did not have that privledge when our dd was of that age. So truthfully I have no knowledge in that area.

There is however a little bit of info at http://www.aruba.com/forum/f8/safe-bring-3-month-old-aruba-36602/

Hopefully some other Mom's will add their advice.

Just read in the Amigoe that they are actually thinking or about to create a law for mandatory car seats for baby and toddlers! I think that is great!

Bully responded to my email. He will respond to private messages but I forgot to type my email address for him. It's all set for him to get us from airport and we are booking a tour with him too. Thanks Andrea J!

Amarg

Did everything work out for you with the taxi driver bringing a carseat.

I need to arrange the same thing.

Baby beach, lighthouse, the whole stretch of beach
    We used Bully for our trip on December 7, and yes, he showed up with the car seat as we had previously discussed. We just strapped our daughter in and were good to go:-)

Aruba since 1979
    Cyrilo Croes messaged me that he does not have a car seat.

are car seats mandatory? I was told they were not. I'll be travelling with a 2 yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast