Aruba Beach

Thread: changing tables AAAAAAH!

changing tables AAAAAAH!

Now, here is something I would like to share. Highchairs, warming food, everything, Aruba is very accommodating... until we touch the subject "changing table" and its a pity my island has not gotten this together like we should have and to make your lives easier when you come, please take a changing pad with you because you will end up changing your baby on a counter. It's one of my pet peeves and I want you to be prepared to face among others the Renaissance Mall, the renovated Tony Roma's, and much more!
    Still, I know you and your little one will enjoy Aruba more than any other place you go to!

Aruba since 1979
    maybe the restaurants would get a clue if a person put their child on the "table" right there in the restaurant and did the diaper routine...............

seriously though, in this day and age changing tables in the restrooms (women and men) are the norm.

how old is your child now margaret?

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by margaret wever View Post
    Now, here is something I would like to share. Highchairs, warming food, everything, Aruba is very accommodating... until we touch the subject "changing table" and its a pity my island has not gotten this together like we should have and to make your lives easier when you come, please take a changing pad with you because you will end up changing your baby on a counter. It's one of my pet peeves and I want you to be prepared to face among others the Renaissance Mall, the renovated Tony Roma's, and much more!
    Still, I know you and your little one will enjoy Aruba more than any other place you go to!

Armelle will be two next month. And we are just now working towards getting her out of diapers, other things had to come first.
    Was preemie, born week 31, under 3 pounds in serious trouble. Flown to Curacao for NICU, I woke up in ICU. She stayed three weeks there, I met her finally when she came back with hubby. She stayed another four weeks in Aruba hospital. Was finally sans feeding tube and at international acceptable/safe weight to go home week seven exactly. She was still so tiny to me - 2500 grams, but ready to face the world.
    A few more challenges, two more stays at hospital, they expected her to become astmatic, yadda yadda yadda. See her now: like I said before Miracle Baby and the Grace of God! She is not one, but two dozen hands full! No autism, no learnign disabilities! We celebrate her health, especially the mental "department", every day.

the diaper routine

OMG, that would really freak out some people, but maybe they will learn a lesson. It was so easy in Orlando and Miami. Seaworld even had complimentary disposable changing pads! Even though we were enjoying the benefits of using "pull ups" it was easy to have Armelle at a comfy height for me when we were "pulling" and changing her clothes - I always took extra for when she would feel warm and uncomfortable and kept her happy all day.
    It's like with these fastfood toys: they want to sell kid's meals to kids they then tell the toy is for an older child. Most toys are 3+ or unsafe, but they do offer me the "great meal deals." Ah well... And this is just ONE of the many reasons for which Armelle does not eat "fast"
    Last edited by margaret wever; 04-18-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: incomplete post

Aruba since 1979
    she is certainly your miracle baby
    time for some BIG GIRL underpanties
    with ruffles or princesses or dora the explorer
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by margaret wever View Post
    Armelle will be two next month. And we are just now working towards getting her out of diapers, other things had to come first.
    Was preemie, born week 31, under 3 pounds in serious trouble. Flown to Curacao for NICU, I woke up in ICU. She stayed three weeks there, I met her finally when she came back with hubby. She stayed another four weeks in Aruba hospital. Was finally sans feeding tube and at international acceptable/safe weight to go home week seven exactly. She was still so tiny to me - 2500 grams, but ready to face the world.
    A few more challenges, two more stays at hospital, they expected her to become astmatic, yadda yadda yadda. See her now: like I said before Miracle Baby and the Grace of God! She is not one, but two dozen hands full! No autism, no learnign disabilities! We celebrate her health, especially the mental "department", every day.

So glad that your little angel is fine. Was she somewhat behind on some of her milestones when she was less than a year? If so, when did you know everything was ok?