Aruba Beach

Thread: Day Time Child Care for 22 month old

Day Time Child Care for 22 month old

I'm heading to Aruba at the end of the month, and staying in the high rise area. I have been going to Aruba for as long as I can remember, but this will be my first trip with an active (ridiculously so) toddler. I was wondering if anyone knows of any day time camps in the high rise section that I can register my munchkin for. I'm just looking for a little break for an hour or two a day where I can lay on the beach and bake instead of chasing him everywhere. I'm not looking for private one on one babysitting but instead an organized group toddler program. I know Hyatt has one from ages 3-12 but my son is just shy of two and not potty trained.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    check with the conscierge at your resort
    some if not all do not take the kids under a certain age and potty training is an important issue.

the conscierge though may not be able to find you an appropriate play group/group child care activity program, but MAY be able to find you a reputable and reliable babysitter. (quite often a hotel employee that is looking for extra $$ doing something that is not in their regulkar line of work)

reputable, reliable and KNOWN are good keywords to remember.

good luck in your search and i am sure that there will be a solution.
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ2169 View Post
    I'm heading to Aruba at the end of the month, and staying in the high rise area. I have been going to Aruba for as long as I can remember, but this will be my first trip with an active (ridiculously so) toddler. I was wondering if anyone knows of any day time camps in the high rise section that I can register my munchkin for. I'm just looking for a little break for an hour or two a day where I can lay on the beach and bake instead of chasing him everywhere. I'm not looking for private one on one babysitting but instead an organized group toddler program. I know Hyatt has one from ages 3-12 but my son is just shy of two and not potty trained.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

i'm always reluctant to entrust my kid to a day care center at resort....but i did look into it while i was in aruba earlier this year and found that all of the hotel operated ones don't accept kids not potty trained - for obvious reasons. so, we just brought him along with us everywhere - pool, beach, butterfly farm, the 1/2 sub ride, etc...granted, my wife and i did not have the opportunity to do our own things. but it was all worth it in the end.