Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers

Diapers

Hey all
    How easy is it to get diapers of all sizes down on the island, specifically pampers size 5! Should I bring them with me or rely that I will be able to buy them once I am down there

thanks

Diapers are very easy to find in Aruba. We usually just bring enough for a couple of days, then buy them there! The have most of the same brand we have, including Pampers!
    Have a great trip!

Pack enough for the plane ride and go to the Supermarket and you will easily be able to find the size you are looking for

http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/home.do

Diapers and baby supplies

Hi
    I am too looking to see how available diapers and baby products are in Aruba, but I also want to know how EXPENSIVE they are..

I need Cruisers Size 5 , and Gerber Stage 2 food, juices etc..

Also, how expensive is sunscreen, Aloe, meat and chicken, eggs

is there anything I should bring with me .. bc it's not availble or extremely expensive..

Please advise..
    thanks.

Everything is a little bit more expensive on the island, but there is a comparable selection. We took my grand daughter at 7 mths and 13 mths with no issues. She is now 3 years old.

Have a great vacation, Pete

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    We are bringing our 1 y/o this trip and plan on packing as much baby stuff as humanly possible with us. However, I know we will go to the store and get stuff.

I plan on bringing a whole can of formula, but in a ziplock so it travels easier. As many diapers as I can, but again, package free so less weight.

The great thing about packing for Aruba is that it's so warm there all the time, all your clothes are so light, and you don't need many so we are attempting to pack for three of us in one big suitcase, then another suitcase will have food and diapers and such so we can save some cash.

Try Ling & Sons website @ www.lingandsons.com/ling/home.do

I found Huggies on their online store for $9.08 for 28 ct. Not too bad...

I'm sure the selection inside the store itself will be much greater.

As far as sunscreen goes, we always bring from home as it is much more expensive on the island. Even that which they produce on the island "Aruba Aloe" is pretty high, like $9.47 for 4 oz. However, it's some really great lotion!

Hope this helps...

Hi, my daughter also wears Cruisers Size 5 and it is not always available at Ling, nor some others and since she has an allergic reaction to some other diapers I have become an expert at finding it and... it is always available - and the cheapest (when others don't have a special) at Certified, a "discount" supermarket, near to Ling and Sons - you want to buy some items there, but steer clear of the freezers - I do...
    Gerber is found everywhere, especially the Stage 2 foods, but not the toddler foods... You find here the snacks, juices, etc. as well.
    Have fun, Margaret

Thank you

Thank you so much for your replies

Dear Margaret - My baby is allergic to other diapers as well, pampers seems to work well
    I will pack as much as I can, then hopefully will find some there

did you say the Name of the store is "Certified"??? and what do you mean when others don't have a special??

Our son is 1 - so he eats the stage 2 applesauce and fruits, and graduate cereals, .. mostly are those available.?

So are the GERBER Rice and oatmeal dry cereals available..?

Thanks so much

Dear Shawn

thanks so much for the advice, and detailed info on the sunblock.
    i went to brus and bought a bunch of sunblock and insect repellent about $100 it came out to.. wow.. their soo expensive - wish i had some coupans
    our baby seems to be pretty sensitive to the sun and I'm scared..
    it's our 1st vacation with him, hope all goes well..
    I don't know how to entertain him on the plane.. he is pretty active..
    and we didn't purchase a ticket for him, we're both students..

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    Moniku, glad I could help!

We are a bit daunted by the idea of having him on the plane as well. He also is very active! We plan on giving him Dymatap DM for the congestion (pediatrician suggestion) that occurs on the plane. He also suggested that we make certain that he is drinking something on the way up and down to help the ears pop.

We have a couple of portable DVD players and have been buying DVD's here and there and hope he gets some for his B'day which is this weekend (1!) and plan on playing those for him to keep him occupied a bit. Other than that, God help us that he'll sleep! Otherwise, you know...all bets are off! He'll be on our laps as well!

More sun ideas:

We purchased (at Toys R Us) a tent that is called a shade tent that we are going to try to set up on the beach. It has flaps on the bottom that you can fill with sand and a few stakes to hold it (hopefully) in place, it's plastic and folds down really small so we can pack with our luggage. It is rated at 50 SPF so we are hoping that he will be okay in that. If not, then we will have to find a palapa or an umbrella to shade him. It's windy as all h**l there, but we are going to give it whirl, it has vents, so hopefully that'll help. It wasn't real expensive, around $20?? Also got a flotation bathing suit that is some SPF as well, maybe 30 that will cover all but his head, lower arms and legs. That was a bit pricey, about $25.

We also found some 50 SPF sunscreen that is sand proof! So we will be slathering him up with that, and we are going to do the same for us. I don't know if you've been there yet, but you are probably aware that burning happens fast in Aruba. Be careful!

Sorry so long, but on this BB people like to help. Plus when I post I get to see the count down!! Can't wait. When do you go?

Good luck and have fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast