Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DONKEY sanctuary

Lightbulb Who would have thought...

http://www.arubandonkey.org/newslett...g_may_2012.pdf

From the newsletter:
    "This is a request for coconuts. The donkeys love them and use them as toys. Should you have any, please bring them to the Sanctuary."

Donkey Sanctuary

Does anyone know why customs at the airport asks if you visited the Sanctuary during your visit? And what they do if you tell them you did. Just curious.

Aruba since 1979
    i looked it up and found this:

If You Visit a Farm Overseas
    The U.S. Customs declaration form also asks you to declare if you visited a farm or ranch in a foreign country. Unknowingly, you may have picked up a livestock disease on your shoes or clothes.
    Highly contagious livestock diseases, such as African swine fever and foot-and- mouth disease, are prevalent in many foreign countries. These diseases do not affect humans but will debilitate or kill animals.
    When you pass through inspection, an agricultural inspector will determine how to minimize any disease risk. These precautions help keep foreign livestock diseases from infecting animals here.

we have checked yes (horseback riding and donkey sanctuary and phillips animal garden) and nothing was ever said or done differently for us at US Customs.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by Wyboandshell View Post
    Does anyone know why customs at the airport asks if you visited the Sanctuary during your visit? And what they do if you tell them you did. Just curious.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aphis.usda.gov/publicatio...fmd_con_07.pdf

did a little more digging and found this.

Thanks for the info. We did not officially visit however Maddi stopped at the entrance for us so we could see the donkeys.

My wife and I had originally said no we hadn't been in contact with livestock not even thinking about the sanctuary visit. My sister in law and boyfriend ratted us out after they were pulled to the side for a "special" TSA screening LOL. Anyways they just took our shoes and dipped them in a sanitary solution and we were on our way. They said it was precautionary due to hand, foot and mouth and other diseases we don't really have in the states or want for that matter. Not that it's at the sanctuary either but they just want to really make sure your sneaks are all good before stepping back on US soil.

On a side note I freaked out the agent because I was wearing a pair of the new Fila skeletoe shoes where your toes are separated individually, he had to do a double take. I told him that is what happens to your feet when you visit the Donkey Sanctuary LMAO!

Aruba since 1979

The baby Donkey

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Donkey Sanctuary in the clouds

By Hans Drost On 7 Sep, 2013 At 12:05 AM | Categorized As Local | With 0 Comments

The festival of prizes for the Aruban Donkey Sanctuary has been going on for a few weeks already. Every week there are new prizes to be won for participants who have a Setar phone. You can easily win by just sending the word BURICO to number 250 and for just AWG. 3,– you are in the race for a prize.
    This week it is Tiara Air’s turn to provide the week’s prize and they are not stingy at all: a return ticket to Curaçao! Fly to our sister island for a weekend away from it all and discover gorgeous and historic Willemstad. In the evening one can enjoy the marine and ambulant traffic from a terrace near the swinging old lady, the Koningin Emma bridge. Yes, having fun is the name of the game.
    You only need to send an sms message and who knows: you’ll be saying cheers in Curaçao soon.

The more messages you send, the more chance you have to win. So send the word BURICO to number 250 and help the donkeys and the volunteers of the Aruban Donkey Sanctuary with your support.

http://themorningnewsaruba.com/local...in-the-clouds/
    Last edited by CK1; 09-09-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123