Aruba Beach

Thread: Family of four (kids 6 and 9) in July....

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina

Family of four (kids 6 and 9) in July....

My husband and I are looking to celebrate our 10th anniversary in July and will be bringing our boys, ages 9 and 6. We were considering Tamarijn because of the beachfront rooms and the kids club, but would like to have more information about the kids club. I've read that Aruba is a pretty safe island to explore and that the restaurants are great, so I know we'd be leaving the hotel grounds. But I'm a little concerned that my kids may get a bit bored if we spend too much time lazing at the beach. Having a kids club would help keep them entertained, while allowing my husband and I a little bit of time "off". Any firsthand info on the Tamarijn kids club, the kids club in other hotels, or any recommended kids activities would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I can think of a few things that I would do with the kids. We have traveled with kids ranging in age from 4 months to 17.
    Here's what they have loved doing:
    Flat bottom fishing on a 1/2 day boat trip
    Snorkel cruise on afternoon catamaran( Depalm boat, Palm Pleasure) snacks, open bar ( for us, kids shirley temples)
    ATV tour
    Schooner boat ride with rope swing, snacks, open bar
    Tubing down at high rise
    Parasailing ( older kids)
    Butterfly farm ( little kids loved)
    Thats all I can think of that we have done. Others will chime in and tell you what they've done.
    ENJOY, the kids will love it.
    CIndy

Unless there are two families considering the Tamarijn for July with children your age, I may have already answered this question on another forum, but will repost here as well for the benefit of others.

We first traveled to the Tamarijn when our dd was 11 yo. She particpated in some, but not all of the kids club actvities and loved it. Dh and I think they handle the kids well and keep them engaged. Here is a sampling of the activities http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_kidsclub.jpg Having been to the Tamarijn 4 times now, I cannot speak highly enough of the entire activities staff. Here are some photos http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl/tamarijn/tamarijn_kidsclub.htm and http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl/tamarijn/tamarijn_kidscluba.htm The tye dying t-shirts is always a huge hit even with the big kids.

Another huge bonus, the kids club at the Tamarijn is free. Most if not all of the 4 star resorts charge for their kids club. Imo they are extremely expensive. In July there will be plenty of other kids for your kids to play with. Most kids spend their time at the pool.

As to the Tamarijn itself, read some of the reviews. The resort is only 3 star however the rooms, though basic are clean. The bathrooms are outdated, but clean as well. The "all oceanfront" rooms concept imo is excellent for a family as well. If you are on the beach outside your room, everything is practically at your fingertips. Forget something in your room? No long elevator rides.

Some other info and ideas on activities off the resort for you and your family
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jolly%20pirates.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/donkey%20sanctuary.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/kids%20activities.html

The Tamarijn offers an excursion to the Butterfly Farm through the kid's club or you could take them on their own.

Through the all inclusive program at the Tam, they offer snorkel gear. The kids would love to try snorkeling. See the thread http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/how-far-catalina-cove-43155/

Thanks so much for the quick feedback. We certainly don't want to drop our kids at the kids club all day every day, but it is nice to see some specific activities that they'd enjoy which would give us a little bit of time to relax. The ostrich farm looks very cool -- and I know we'd wind up on some sort of boat trip. I've read a lot of good things about Baby Beach and the ATV tour to the Natural Pool.

As far as the Tamarijn being a three-star resort, that's fine with me. I'd much rather have a simpler room and be directly on the beach. I can't imagine we'd spend much time in the room anyway! As long as everything is clean, I'll be OK just having the ocean right outside my door.

Would you recommend renting a jeep? Even though Tamarijn is all-inclusive, I'd definitely want to venture out and explore the island.

And -- I guess there must be two families with kids considering Aruba in July because yesterday was my first day even on this website...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Mom_13 View Post
    Would you recommend renting a jeep? Even though Tamarijn is all-inclusive, I'd definitely want to venture out and explore the island.
    Personal preference really. Seeing how you do want to go out on your own and explore and try some of the different restaurants on the island, I would say you would want to rent something. A Jeep or 4x4 is the best for seeing the eastern windward side of the island. Rather than renting the entire time you are there, maybe just for some time in the middle. Use the time at the beginning and end of your vacation for some downtime on the beach.

And -- I guess there must be two families with kids considering Aruba in July because yesterday was my first day even on this website...
    LOL, you two families should meet up! http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147247-i144-k3329715-Family_of_four_considering_Tamarijn-Aruba.html

Research the Natural Pool idea, that is quite a trek for 6 & 9, also scary. Stay out of the sand on the ruff side, you can see much of the island in 1 day, including Baby Beach, for an end of the day snorkel, very safe, there is a breakwater no waves snorkel where the water changes color and stay inside the breakwater, strong current. Enjoy your Trip!

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    What ever became of the water park thing? I never thought that was a great idea.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Duece View Post
    What ever became of the water park thing? I never thought that was a great idea.
    Its open and running. I assume you are asking about Morgan's water park and not depalm island. prices came down.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

LOL, you two families should meet up!

Nope, you're right -- that's me. I misread your earlier e-mail and thought you meant I might have previously posted in this forum. I'm trying to get as much info as possible before making our plans. I think I may have posted a question in frommer's website too... I guess some people read all of them, though how you have time, I have no idea!
    Thanks (to all) for all of the advice! We're getting closer to making a decision -- it looks like CheapCaribbean is giving the best rates...