Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Resort?

Family Resort?

I am planning a trip to Aruba this summer. I am trying to find the best place for me and my wife along with our 3 children(9, 6 and 2 year olds). I prefer a facility with a kids program that can accomodate the 2 year old, if possible. We are avid cruisers so we are spoiled with the kids camps the ships have. Although I do not expect the same service, just something that has variety for them and is safe. The two I have found that seem good are Holiday Inn Sunspree and Tamajarin. Can someone give me input on your experiences with either of the two? Or, one you have tried. We also are leaning on All-inclusive package, but will not be a deal breaker as we are not big drinkers. Also, a resort that will hold 5 in a room will be a huge plus too. Thank you for your tips.

Just a thought, what about renting a unit at Playa Linda? Can't comment on the kids programs but it is a timeshare which has its own kitchen, a little apartment which is great for kids. I believe they have their own website where you can rent right from the owners. When our kids were that age we loved being on the ground floor which made it easy access to the beach and back for the bathroom, lunch etc.

Aruba is very child friendly. All restaurants will accommodate young children with either kids menu's or they will make up a special little something for the kids. Aruba, IMO, is not the place to go for an All Inclusive. The kitchen in a timeshare is really great for a family as you can feed your kids whenever you want, don't need to spend 3 meals a day in a restaurant and it is generally far more relaxing...again IMO.

Playa Linda is centrally located, right on the beach and many of the rooms have been redone. I don't own there. May be others can comment on the kids program...I know they have one as I saw the outside of the new room they did for the kids program.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Kids 17 years old and younger stay free at the Tamarijn, so this, at least for us, is a big bonus. When we had originally compared staying all inclusive at the Holiday Inn vs. the Tamarijn, our travel agenty highly recommended the Tam over HI only because the food options were much better and there are no surcharges on any items at the Tamarijn.

The Tamarijn kid's club is for kids 5 -12 though I believe younger can attend if the parent stays with them. Not positive though. http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_kidsclub.jpg

The Tamarijn does not have any rooms which accommodate 5 people. They WILL sell you a "suite" but it will be at their Dutch Village or Divi Village timeshare. http://www.divigolf.com/resortMap_Aruba.html

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I would have said the Rennaissance suites, but they only allow 4 per room.
    No one extra is allowed, so that requires another room.
    Last edited by cindyo; 03-26-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Sometimes if you ask a hotel in advance you can pay an extra fee for the fifth person. They will just give you a roll away for them to sleep on.

I have stayed at the Holiday inn several times in years past. It is a decent place to go with kids, I had always found the food to be decent, the staff friendly , and the location good.

We normally stay at the Marriott Surf club and have always seen tons of children there. The attraction I think is the lazy river and water slide (if I remember correctly) at the child friendly side of the pool.

They do have a kids club room and program.

The rooms are also great with kitchens and washer and dryers to help with the laundry that builds up!

Look into renting someones timeshare ~ very cost effective, if the package deals are priced high at the time you are looking to go.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by JRTx2 View Post
    They do have a kids club room and program.

Enjoy
    Is there a fee for the kids club? If so, how much? TIA.

I'm searching a good place to spend our vacation together with my friends., just want know how does Aruba differ from other places., we are 5 in a group and ill just want to have an idea on how much we will need for a regular room for approximately 1 week.,

Quote Originally Posted by thrixie View Post
    I'm searching a good place to spend our vacation together with my friends., just want know how does Aruba differ from other places., we are 5 in a group and ill just want to have an idea on how much we will need for a regular room for approximately 1 week.,
    I would say a good place to start would be to describe what type of acommodation you are looking for and your budget. We could help with more specifics.

For further research on the island see
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/first%20time.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast