Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family with teens need help

Family with teens need help

Hi all. My husband and I would like to take out two daughters, 17 and 14 to Aruba in August. I have been looking at many web sites trying to decide on a hotel that we will all be happy with. I really like Bucuti but saw that it is not for families. Can you all suggest a place that is somewhat upscale with beautiful grounds that is appropriate for a family with teenagers. I want us all to have a great time and my husband and I definately need to relax. I'm not quite sure about the high rise hotels, seems like so many people, but we would definately like to be on the beach. Thanks for any help you can give me, I truly appreciate it!

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    We are traveling with 17 and 15 years old. We have stayed twice at Manchebo, which is next door to Bucuti, and have been extremely happy with it. The rooms have just been renovated but are probably 1 step down compared to Bucuti, but unlike other places we go to, we do not spend much time in the room on Aruba, so it is just fine. (And this statement actually only goes if you are used high end hotels, if not the rooms are above average). Manchebo is even further out on the beach itself compared to Bucuti. Unlike the high-rises you do not have a crowded beach, it it just beautiful there and pure sand floor in the water no coral stones.
    So if your family mainly spend the time on the beach I would definately choose Manchebo.
    If they want Las Vegas style hotels with All Inclusive and roam around a big hotel, choose the high-rises.
    Have a great time in paradise.

Carsten

While Bucuti does not cater to families, children can still go. You must be at least 18 years old to stay in the Tara Suites, but in the Bucuti wing, children under 18 can stay there.

We stayed at Bucuti and there were a couple of families with young children (around 6 or 7 years old). However, there is really nothing for kids to do there. If your daughters are interested only in being on the beach or in the pool, I don't see a problem. There is really not much within walking distance for them in that area.

You may want to consider the Ren - it's downtown and their beach is on their own private island accessed by motor boat. There would be plenty of things within walking distance for them there. This might be a better option if you are not interested in the high rise area.

Good luck. Wherever you decide to stay, you will love Aruba.

Hyatt is upscale, has beautiful grounds, and is appropriate for families

http://aruba.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

We have three teenagers (14, 16, 18) and we stay at the Surf Club. We like the area for a few reasons. The pool and grounds are lovely and there are many families with children of all ages. There is lots going on along the high rise section and the teenagers love to be able to wander around on their own. I feel very safe letting them go as there are so many people walking around. To come home they take a very quick and cheap taxi. WE get them a cell phone and they can check in with us on a regular basis. The new addition of outdoor mall, with shopping, movie theatre etc. all open at night is wonderful. I must admit most nights are spent with us but sometimes they do just like to wander off and go to a movie, shop etc and everything is so close by.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Smile

I also say you would love the Surf Club. Been there 10 times and say its the best place to stay. The 2 bedrooms are the biggest and nicest rooms on Aruba.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

I will third the Surf Club. The good and the bad for brining teenagers here is there are lots of people. last year when we went in May, there were daily volleyball games, bingo around the pool, and plenty of other activities for kids just in the Marriott area itself. We will be back for our sixth trip 5 weeks from today. Where ever you choose, you will be in Aruba and that alone is perfect.

Happy Vacation, Pete

The surf club! The lazy river pool will be a big hit and there are ocean activities right down on the beach available to rent ! You have it all..Then the strip with the mall, tony romas, etc is good to walk at night with music coming out of the restaurants and ice cream for a "walking dessert" Its a nice friendly atmosphere!

My wife and I and our two children have stayed 3 times at the Marriott and have had a wonderful time every time we have come to Aruba. The beach is gorgeous, the service is outstanding, and it is near many amenities that should you need them, are easy to get.

Aruba since 1979
    try looking at timeshare rentals (marriott properties surf and ocean, costa linda, playa linda)

also too look at the tamarijn, which is a divi property. tamarijn is laid back and not upscale, nice oceanfront rooms and nice beach, all inclusive, tons of kids and you and hubby can relax. kids stay and eat free at the tamarijn. i suspect that in august a family of 4 can stay for 7 nights (including food and beverage and hotel and gratuitities) for the $2500 range. not including air. if you book your flights for a tue, wed or thur you can have great savings. contact AMY at
    MCMtours.com

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic5 View Post
    Hi all. My husband and I would like to take out two daughters, 17 and 14 to Aruba in August. I have been looking at many web sites trying to decide on a hotel that we will all be happy with. I really like Bucuti but saw that it is not for families. Can you all suggest a place that is somewhat upscale with beautiful grounds that is appropriate for a family with teenagers. I want us all to have a great time and my husband and I definately need to relax. I'm not quite sure about the high rise hotels, seems like so many people, but we would definately like to be on the beach. Thanks for any help you can give me, I truly appreciate it!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-13-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast