Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Family with teens in summer?

I am sort of doing both. Found a couple of pretty good packages online and I have an agent working up a price for me. My neighbors go to Aruba every year so she said once I find a deal on line that is good to bring it to the travel agent and see if they can do any better...they want to make the deal!

Aruba since 1979
    From DIvi and Tam facebook

Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives
    You have until March 31st to take advantage of our current sale with rates up to 30% at Divi Aruba and 25% off at Tamarijn Aruba for travel May 1 - June 30, 2012 and September 1 - 30, 2012. Just use promo code: SP212...book your reservation before its too late!
    https://www.facebook.com/DiviandTamarijnAruba

Ok, friends...don't let me down..I need your expertise! I called a travel agent and she gave me a price of 4800.00 for the following: All inclusive Divi Tamirijn non ocean front studio suite...now, if I have paid attention over the last few days, all the rooms in the Tamarijn all inclusive are ocean front and they are not suites, correct??? She is insisting that these rooms are a part of the Divi Tamarijn all inclusive and that they are just not ocean front. I told her they must be Divi Dutch Village which is behind the Tamarijn, but she wasn't buying it..lol. Tell me if I am wrong...I got a better deal elsewhere for the same thing so I didn't want to take it without knowing info from you guys, the experts!

Aruba since 1979
    i do not want to be responsible for incorrect information. my inclination is to say that person is incorrect and price is for the DIVI DUTCH with all of the TAMARIJN perks/AI plan.

Have you called Divi/Tamarijn main reservations in Rockland, Maine?
    US/Canada: 1-800-554-2008 or 207-594-7888

Lisa?

Quote Originally Posted by suebee329 View Post
    Ok, friends...don't let me down..I need your expertise! I called a travel agent and she gave me a price of 4800.00 for the following: All inclusive Divi Tamirijn non ocean front studio suite...now, if I have paid attention over the last few days, all the rooms in the Tamarijn all inclusive are ocean front and they are not suites, correct??? She is insisting that these rooms are a part of the Divi Tamarijn all inclusive and that they are just not ocean front. I told her they must be Divi Dutch Village which is behind the Tamarijn, but she wasn't buying it..lol. Tell me if I am wrong...I got a better deal elsewhere for the same thing so I didn't want to take it without knowing info from you guys, the experts!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-08-2012 at 07:09 PM.

No...I didn't even think of that...I guess I figured booking airfare and rooms would be more pricey so I didn't think to call them directly, but I will do that...thank you!

Any travel agent selling you a SUITE is selling something OTHER THAN an ocenfront room at the Tamarijn.

If you are being sold a SUITE, it is at the Dutch Village or Divi Village/Links, more than likely the Dutch.

We have stayed there 4 times and I can assure you that the Tamarijn itself has "plain regular" hotel rooms with one king or two queen beds, and a couple of handicap rooms, but no suites with no kitchenette.

Tell your travel agent with this great price to call the resort and find out if the SUITE has a kitchenette. If it does it is either at the Dutch Village or Divi Village/Links. Again the rooms at the Tamarijn proper do not have kitchenettes.

You are correct from the photos I have shown you, the Dutch Village is BEHIND the Tamarijn.

I would be angry with any travel agent who sold me an OCEANFRONT RESORT with an OCEANFRONT ROOM only to arrive and discover that my SUITE was BEHIND a building and separated from the beach by that building.

Go to this link http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.532...8&z=18&l=0&m=b and mouseover to see which buildings belong to which resort.

The attached aerial shows all of the Tamarijn Buildings lined up along the beach. The buildings to the north/northeast are the Dutch Village. Again if you go to the above link the mouseover will show the boundaries of each property.

Quote Originally Posted by suebee329 View Post
    I read this four times.

The travel agent is correct that she is selling you a NON-OCEANFRONT studio which is part of the "all inclusive package" at the Divi and Tamarijn, BUT it is not the Tamarijn Resort and thus the reason why it is not an OCEANFRONT room.

You began this thread by stating you wanted a place on the beach. I just hate to see people arrive at their resort only to have misunderstood what they had reserved. So "technically" the travel agent is correct, that is how the Tamarijn sells their "suites" but if you stay at the Dutch Village and have a kitchen, why go all inclusive?

...and as I stated previously in this thread, unless you are up at the crack of dawn, you will be fighting for a palapa on the beach. People in the oceanfront rooms at the Tamarijn will be rolling out of bed onto the beach first thing putting down their towels and going back to bed.

Ha ha...good to know. I figured I had it right and I thank your for confirming this!

Aruba since 1979
    exactly!
    i was afraid to make a definitive comment as we have only stayed at the TAM a few times and the last time was more than 4 yrs ago.

the tamarijn calls their units "oceanfront" and not beachfront............because sometimes due to weather/currents of the ocean not every tamarijn unit is on the beachfront........it is on the oceanfront, but not necessarily is it always beach.

the travel agent has to be upfront and let you know it is not the TAMARIJN.it is a suite, non oceanfront with the perks and amenities of the the Tamarijn/Divi AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I read this four times.

The travel agent is correct that she is selling you a NON-OCEANFRONT studio which is part of the "all inclusive package" at the Divi and Tamarijn, BUT it is not the Tamarijn Resort and thus the reason why it is not an OCEANFRONT room.

You began this thread by stating you wanted a place on the beach. I just hate to see people arrive at their resort only to have misunderstood what they had reserved. So "technically" the travel agent is correct, that is how the Tamarijn sells their "suites" but if you stay at the Dutch Village and have a kitchen, why go all inclusive?

...and as I stated previously in this thread, unless you are up at the crack of dawn, you will be fighting for a palapa on the beach. People in the oceanfront rooms at the Tamarijn will be rolling out of bed onto the beach first thing putting down their towels and going back to bed.

Aruba since 1979
    suebee

give this place a call.

MCM tours
    they ONLY deal with aruba
    their prices are great/competitive

please deal with a travel agent that KNOWS aruba.
    http://www.aruba4u.com/resorts.php

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast