Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: family on a tight budget

family on a tight budget

Is it better to stay in an inexpensive room that is non inclusive or an all inclusive room? which do you think is more cost friendly?
    Planning on travelling to aruba in october 2013 AND planning a wedding there LOL
    3 kids traveling with us ,but 2 of them will be 20 and 18. youngest will be 13, just looking at cost effective ways to save money.
    Thanks for any tips or advice!
    Jenn

Aruba since 1979
    others may disagree and that is OK as we all have out thoughts/opinions

i recommend on renting a timeshare unit

for that time of year you can get a 2 bedroom/2 bath with a kitchen and living room w/ a sleep sofa for a week at about $2000 or less

Casa Del Mar, LaCabana, Costa Linda, Marriott Ocean or Surf, Playa Linda...just to name a few.

eating IN is a good way of lowering your daily expenses.

breakfast and lunch can be eaten in
    dinners can be in or out and if you choose out, there are some less expensive restaurants where the 5 of you could eat for about $150 per night or less.

go to the timeshare forum on this site and see if there are any units for rent there that will match your dates.

read thru culinary and culture and check out the family friendly or inexpensive or cheat dining threads

Quote Originally Posted by jniccolai View Post
    Is it better to stay in an inexpensive room that is non inclusive or an all inclusive room? which do you think is more cost friendly?
    Planning on travelling to aruba in october 2013 AND planning a wedding there LOL
    3 kids traveling with us ,but 2 of them will be 20 and 18. youngest will be 13, just looking at cost effective ways to save money.
    Thanks for any tips or advice!
    Jenn

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Everyone is going to have their own opinion on this, so here I go. I have been going to AUA since 1983 and have stayed at numerous resorts. We currently frequent the Tamarijn and Divi and can't rave about it enough. The rooms are all beachfront and the beaches are wide(most of the times) and roomy. We do the all inclusive because drinking tends to be a hobby for me. We also utilize the insanely fantastic restaurants AUA has to offer, and believe me, there are alot of them. My kids are 19, 17 and 14 and the fact they can sit down for a quick snack or just a soda and not shelling out 7 bucks every two minutes is worth it to us. The key we found for the most cost effective way to travel there is stay away from flying there on the weekends. Tuesday to Tuesday is my usual travel days and the flights are much less expensive. Whatever you decide you will have a great time!!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we rent a townhouse but you'll need to rent a car. we rent a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom townhouse for about $1100 a week total, stay for two weeks. but you do need a car which is fine by us.

but i think renting a condo or timeshare or ANYTHING other than a hotel room, which you'll need at least two of those, is more economical. as andrea said, you can eat in a couple of nite for dinner, have breakfast there and bring lunch to the beach.

definitely an economical way to go. we always rent, never stay in a hotel. first, i can't take those tiny hotel rooms and especially not for more than a couple of nites, its exhausting, always having to go somewhere for drinks, food, whatever. i would definitely take Andrea's suggestion and check out the timeshare category.

Guess I'm one to favor the Divi Tamarijn as well. My feeling is go to an online site such as Expedia and run through your dates for the Divii or other r esort that is all inclusive. Also check Aruba.com to get a good idea about timeshare prices. Then checkout the menus of any restaurants you find interesting to get a feel for how much you would spend eating out. You should get some pretty decent estimates. What I found nice about the AI is you know ahead of vacation what your expenses will be. We're coming up on our seventh visit to the Divi. Last trip we never left the resort and the time before we went off resort to dinner 3 or 4 times.

My last trip we stayed in a timeshare and found that while we did not want to spend our vacation cooking, we always had plenty of leftovers from dinner to just heat in the oven for a few minutes and bring down to happy hour for another meal! Pizza Bobs we got a large pizza (before 7 you pay for a medium but they serve you a large) and salad for 3 of us and the next day brought the leftovers to happy hour and had enough for another meal plus gave some to the table next to us! Even Madame Janettes served so much we made 2 meals out of one so really the prices for dinner for us ended up being very reasonable.

Well heres my opinion, we just rented a home in Aruba which includes a van for 10 days and its a three bedroom and 2 bath and it has a GREAT pool ,its a great place rented it for $2000.00 For 6 people be there in February ,this will be our first time in Aruba, soooo if u want the website of this place pm me and I will give you the info.
    Last edited by ubouu; 01-07-2013 at 03:07 PM.

hello I agree with Andrea time share or a villa you get in anything days you want .Just make sure you got a villa with pool they just have one add bella ruby showing on the board or go to homeaway.com or vrpo.com I am not for all inclusive in Aruba to much good restaurant drink you can make your home drink . good luck for your plan .

I have to agree with the time share as well. I own at the costa linda with my father. Unfortunately the weeks that we own I cant go because my wife is a school teacher so im forced to school vaca weeks. We rented a week at the costa linda for 1000 2 bed room 2 bath. We are going with another couple it will cost 500 per could for the week to me thats a great deal.

We own a timeshare and have three "young adult" boys who eat and drink! We do the grocery store thing and buy lots of snacks, soft drinks and beer. We eat light for breakfast and lunch. Dinners can be as expensive or inexpensive as you like. There are lots of pizza, burger, rib places to walk to if staying in the Palm Beach district. Eating in can be fun and relaxing too. We did prepared BBQ chicken from grocery store, fresh premade hamburgers and hot dogs, bought fresh fish (very inexpensive) from local fisherman and all prepared on BBQ's at timeshare. If everyone pitches in, food prep can be easy and fun.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast