Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First time in Aruba and will have the family with

First time in Aruba and will have the family with

We are going to Aruba on Saturday for a week. We have a 6 and 9 year who will be with us, along with my parents. Where's the best places to eat and places to go with the whole family? We would love to eat on the beach. Also, we were looking at the nightly festivals held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We will have a car. Are those festivals worth it? We were also looking into the DePalma island all inclusive. Any tips, suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

here are some threads that may help you with your questions.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants%20kids.html
    Advice on fun excursion(s) for 12 year olds
    De Palm Island

I have heard that the festival at Fort Zootman is pretty good, although i have never been.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie View Post
    We are going to Aruba on Saturday for a week. We have a 6 and 9 year who will be with us, along with my parents. Where's the best places to eat and places to go with the whole family? We would love to eat on the beach. Also, we were looking at the nightly festivals held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We will have a car. Are those festivals worth it? We were also looking into the DePalma island all inclusive. Any tips, suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Carrie! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

I usually travel with my kids, parents & brother & sister-in-law. Every few years with have other family/friends join us so we are usually a big crowd. We have never had an issue with eating at any restaurant. They were always able to accommodate our large party. We haven't eaten on the beach in a big group though. Just make sure you call and make a reservation or have the concierge at your resort do it for you.

I highly recommend DePalm Island. My kids (and adults) love it!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

My favorite picks for things to do with kids are:

Butterfly Farm
    Donkey Sanctuary
    Aruba Ostrich Farm
    Phillips Animal Garden

If I only had to pick one it would be the donkey sanctuary. Bring apples and carrots, just stop by the grocery store along the way. When you arrive carry the bag above your head and walk to the gift shop and get behind the railing so you are not accosted. The volunteers will have a knife and cutting board for the apples.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/chil...ctivities.html

We just returned from 4 weeks in Aruba with our 6 and 8 year old grandchildren. We took them on the Jolly Pirates sunset cruise. Although our 8 year old grandson resisted the idea of going for some unknown reason, he loved swinging off the ship on the rope swing. I thought he might be too young but he loved it and would get right back in line to do it again. Our 6 year old grand daughter wasn't up for the swing but she joined me in the water by going in at the stairs. After coming ashore we walked over to the Paseo Herencia mall and had dinner at the Iguana Cantina where we were able to watch the dance and water show out in the plaza. Since they liked Jolly Pirates so much we ended up doing it a total of 3 times.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    seems like that you just left for your 4 weeks in paradise. my how time flies!

3 times doing JP??? That's terrific Glad the kids had a great time.....after all it is all about family enjoyment!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    We just returned from 4 weeks in Aruba with our 6 and 8 year old grandchildren. We took them on the Jolly Pirates sunset cruise. Although our 8 year old grandson resisted the idea of going for some unknown reason, he loved swinging off the ship on the rope swing. I thought he might be too young but he loved it and would get right back in line to do it again. Our 6 year old grand daughter wasn't up for the swing but she joined me in the water by going in at the stairs. After coming ashore we walked over to the Paseo Herencia mall and had dinner at the Iguana Cantina where we were able to watch the dance and water show out in the plaza. Since they liked Jolly Pirates so much we ended up doing it a total of 3 times.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Restaurants on the beach
    Passions, Barefoot, Old Man and the sea, Flying Fishbone, Moomba, Hadicurrai

i highly suggest a boat snorkel cruise. Kids and adults love it. Most last 2.5-3 hrs, some have food, drinks. I have been on Palm Pleasure, mi Dushi, jolly Pirate and Black a pearl. All great. Some have sunset cruises. Check it out

Wow 4 weeks! I probably wouldn't want to return back especially to work..LOL

We spent our last few days trying to figure out how we could stay there.

Hi,

Since you will have a car, might I suggest you take advantage of your mobility and try one of the most authentic local restaurants on Aruba, Zeerover? It is in Savaneta on the water, and has a very casual, fun ambiance. You best be fish and shrimp lovers, as that is all that is on the menu, served family style in big baskets with the best steak fries. You will likely see the fishing boats coming in with their catch, and you are guaranteed very fresh fish. A great place for lunch if you are planning to drive to San Nicolas and check out the beaches and sights on that side of the island. Also Rum Reef Snack bar next to Baby Beach is a fun place with kids.
    Are you staying in Palm Beach or Eagle? Just to know what will be most convenient...does you family have a favorite type of food and are you interested in trying local cuisine? What is your budget?
    Last edited by MoonHandbookAruba; 11-12-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: forgot a word

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast