Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First trip to Aruba

First trip to Aruba

Hello: We will be traveling to Aruba for the first time on June 25. It will be my husband, two girls- 11 and 12, and me. We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We arrive on June 25 and will be staying at the Marriott Aruba hotel. We will then move to a condo at Marriott Surf Club on June 26 for a week, and them move to the Renaissance Ocean Suites for two nights (trip will last from June 25 through July 6). Here is a list of activities that have been planned and confirmed-

- sunset cruise through Black Melody/Blue Melody
    - sail, snorkel, swim through Jolly Pirates
    - kayak and snorkel through Aruba Kayak Adventures
    - private jeep tour through Aruba VIP tour
    - water sports through Fun 4 every 1

We can not wait for this trip! Only 34 more days until we hit the beach! Any other ideas?

All thes activities during the day and all those dinners at night. You guys are going to be tired. Save some time to relax on the beach.

Aruba since 1979
    agree with andy

leave some days open for just hanging out on beach or at surf club lazy river.
    my guess is that you will have difficulty dragging the kids away from the lazy river for anything…even meals.

try not to overschedule yourselves.
    you'll all be too exhausted.

I agree with comments posted. But, the good news is you've at least planned and hopefully with some flexibility you can take some time to just "do nothing" and enjoy the sights.

My family was making fun of me last week because I was talking about planning some things. We've never planned anything except the rental car. I had to remember that Aruba is where we leave the scheduling calendar at home and "go with the flow" because it's so easy to do that there. It took us a couple visits to learn to relax (especially me). Now the kids have learned to chill out.

We do make a few restaurant reservations within a day or so of arriving.

We go from sun to sun and plan an activity for Tuesday and Thursday. Black oearl sunset cruise does three snorkle stops

What's your plan for meals

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    As a first-timer to Aruba, my advice would be: be very careful with the sun, apply sun protection often, wear hats and try to stay in the shade. The sun can be very strong.

I have a tip for the Black Pearl for you. Bring a little container with some tissues in it. They will share some sand dollar sea shells they dive for with you if you ask them. They are so fragile though- hence the container. We write the date on them and have a nice collection at home. They are so cool. Tip #2, save room for the grilled cheese sandwich! We love the Black Pearl and have gone every year with them.
    Good Luck,
    Sean and Susan

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Make sure you leave enough time to enjoy the beach! One of the best things about vacation is R and R!

I would say make your restaurant reservations as well in advance as you can - popular places like "Two Fools and a Bull" and "Carte Blanche" are booked waaaaaay in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast