Aruba Beach

Thread: Infant in Aruba

Infant in Aruba

Does Aruba require car seats for infants?

Thank you and see you in 4 days

Whether they are required or not we always got one from the car rental company we used.

It really depends on the cab. Some(only 1) cabs refused to drive us without a car seat most of them will drive you. They aren't driving like nuts, just hold them in your lap and you are fine. One less bulky thing to travel with.

Thank you all for your responses. We are down to 3 days and all I can hope is Ike and Josephine will stay out of my flight path.

Baby Beach -just to be lazy and float on my raft and snorkle too

Bring your carseat

I would bring the carseat. We brought our 9 month old and her car seat and collapsable stroller with a sunshield. We also had requested a highchair and crib at our timeshare. These items helped with our vacation to run much smoother.

The flight was full so they ended up checking our car seat and I carried her on my lap for the flight. The car seat worked great as a carrier too. We flipped a highchair upside down and put the base of the carseat into it and it made dining out much smoother too.

The stroller was great for the beach and walk ways by the highrise hotels. The sunshield kept the heavy sun off from her.

I also bought a hat with side flaps for the ears and a back flap for the neck and it had a long front brim to keep the sun off her face. We used the swimdiapers from Walmart. 50 SPF and no problems burning.

We also got a kingsized sheet from the maid that we used at the beach to put down so she could crawl around and stay off the sand.

We also brought a chair/boat inflatable for the pool and it worked great. She did water aerobics every day in that thing and loved it. We bought some baby sunglasses but I think she only wore them a little she really chewed on them the most, but she wore the hat.

We had no problems getting diapers, food, and baby stuff on the island. The only problem we had was she cut a bunch of teeth and I had trouble finding the Orajel but did get something. We had a great 15 days and will remember that trip with fond memories.

Thanks for asking and bringing it all back. My daughter is now 16 and I would love for her to be 9 months old again....

Jill