Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Infants with diapers NOT allowed in pool at Costa Linda

Aruba since 1979
    it is very infrequent indeed.

isnt this just a fun topic?
    not

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    My son (lifeguard) just got home from school, and I asked him how long the pool is closed due to a potty accident, and he said an hour. He has been a lifeguard for two years, and during the summer he works 40 hours/week, and he's only seen it happen once.

Andrea, I'm glad to know that Aruba has very high standards for pool safety.

If I was traveling to Aruba with a baby, I would want to know ahead of time if I wasn't allowed to bring a swim diapered baby into the regular pool. While I'd be avoiding that resort, others might chose it for the exact same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i will shut up.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha .....I don't think so!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    thanks robo ;-)

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is very infrequent indeed.

isnt this just a fun topic?
    not
    LOL,,,,, I laugh because it seems to always be a topic for some reason at my mothers. Kinda of a joke!

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    my bugaboo is when parents allow their children in the pool designated "adults only" !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    my bugaboo is when parents allow their children in the pool designated "adults only" !!!!!!
    I totally agree. I just hate when people flaunt the rules as if rules were not made for them. That's a huge pet peeve of mine.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Aruba since 1979
    ya, the rule flaunting is intolerable. one of my biggest peeves is "glass on the pool deck/pool area". they read the signs. they know the danger. but they do not give one rat's bum.
    i am a victim of stepping on broken glass at one of the resort pool areas about 10 yrs ago. it was painful and annoying flicking out the little shards of glass in the heel of my foot

flagrant rule breakers make it difficult for all. not limited to poolside, diapers, etc.....
    when folks ignore and disobey rules, it effects others. folks should really think 2x before flaunting.

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    I totally agree. I just hate when people flaunt the rules as if rules were not made for them. That's a huge pet peeve of mine.

The info I received was given by managemt at Costa Linda who said that, by law, this is what was required. The emptying of the pool can take quite a bit of time if you've seen how large our pool is and I doubt a simple shocking would do it. I live in Florida when not in Aruba and have a lap pool - when it is shocked it does only take a couple of hours but it is quite a bit smaller than CLBR's. At any rate - we have posted signs saying no swim diapers and no children under 3 yrs. old in the adult pool. They cut the obviously potty trained kids a break but not infants. We have a nice sized kiddie pool.

Does anyone know if the Marriott Stellaris has this rule? This isn't something I had even thought about, I figured swim diapers were reliable protection. By the way, someone mentioned a person taking a naked infant in the pool - I can't believe someone would think that is acceptable. To be honest - I think I am more concerned about the adults during happy hour!

We have stayed at the marriott Stellaris on numerous occasions with our children and never saw a sign or had anyone tell us our children could not swim in the pool with swim diapers on. Although they are also wearing bathing suits so one may not have seen they were in swim diapers but regardless never had a problem. You will not have a problem there. I am worried now b/c we are staying at the Costa linda and I don't know how I would possibly be able to keep our children out of the pool.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast