Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Infants with diapers NOT allowed in pool at Costa Linda

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    off topic a little: Andrea did you happen to see the headlines about a woman's body being found in a public pool in Massachusetts? Apparently she had been there for two days but now one could see her because the water was so cloudy. Your fine words of wisdom popped into my head "if the water doesn't sparkle do swim in it" (or words pretty close to that). I saw a picture of that pool taken from a helicopter and let me tell you there is no way I would have been in that water. You couldn't even see the bottom of the shallow end clearly. It's a very odd and sad story to read. Sorry to go somewhat off topic.

Aruba since 1979
    .....and the lifeguards there?!?!?! all suspended.

please everyone, if the water does NOT sparkle do not go in.

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Yes, there were lifeguards all around that pool and it was inspected on Monday and Tuesday for water quality by the DCR inspectors . . . and passed besides being noted as cloudy. No one notice that she was on the bottom of the pool the whole time. They have all been suspended. She was found Tuesday night by a group of teenagers who jumped the fence to go night swimming. I bet they will never do that again.

The little boy she was swimming with told the lifeguards that she never came up after going down the slide but they didn't respond/believe him. The rest of the details are still being investigated but if that water was clear than they would have seen her right away. That little boy will be scared for life knowing that he tried to get her help but no one listened. Poor kid.

Aruba since 1979
    those inspectors from the health dept inspected the pool.
    they did NOT do their job.
    one of the criteria is to be able to see the bottom of the pool from the pool deck.
    (they obviously did not do the visual)
    a disturbing situation.

I totally agree with you what a very disturbing situation. Again, sorry for going off topic with such a sad story.

So are parents not supposed to take kids in the pool at all? Its damn hot in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen in NYC View Post
    So are parents not supposed to take kids in the pool at all? Its damn hot in Aruba.
    Karen, it seems different resorts have different rules regarding swim diapers. If you post where you'll be staying, someone on the board may know if you can bring a baby into the pool. If I were traveling with a little one, I'd call the resort to confirm one way or the other if you don't get an answer here.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Some resorts have a kiddie pool for the little ones.

I saw a child in a diaper in the pool at the Radisson.

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    So it is 7:45 am on a beautiful sunday morning, I grab my coffee, and figure I would come online 30 days prior to my trip to paradise to do some more planning before the fam gets up and I stumble onto this topic...all I can say is eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww...I'm going back to bed...LOL

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast