Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Infants with diapers NOT allowed in pool at Costa Linda

Aruba since 1979
    sleep well.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazizgreen View Post
    So it is 7:45 am on a beautiful sunday morning, I grab my coffee, and figure I would come online 30 days prior to my trip to paradise to do some more planning before the fam gets up and I stumble onto this topic...all I can say is eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww...I'm going back to bed...LOL

Found this thread and had two thoughts...
    #1. I'm taking Andrea's advice and bringing spa test strips (already have them on hand for our small pool).
    #2. I'm more comfortable with a child in a swim diaper than I am with "potty-trained" children and some adults. I can imagine that some parents would be inclined to bring a child into the pool without a swim diaper just to meet the pool requirements. And I know a few adults that have some ummmm...tummy troubles. I doubt they stay out of the pools because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by darrwenn View Post
    Found this thread and had two thoughts...
    #1. I'm taking Andrea's advice and bringing spa test strips (already have them on hand for our small pool).
    #2. I'm more comfortable with a child in a swim diaper than I am with "potty-trained" children and some adults. I can imagine that some parents would be inclined to bring a child into the pool without a swim diaper just to meet the pool requirements. And I know a few adults that have some ummmm...tummy troubles. I doubt they stay out of the pools because of it.
    It's impossible to absolutely guarantee everyone who uses a pool will behave properly. Prohibiting swim diapers is supported by solid research but you can't prevent a parent from flaunting the rules with their children or on their own. Maybe the ocean is a better choice...

Costa Linda baby pool

This will be my tenth trip to the Costa Linda, but my first with a child. My daughter will be 7 months old when we go to Aruba in two weeks, so I did some research on the swim diaper/pool situation. While she won't be allowed in the large adult pool, there is a nice kiddie pool where she can go while wearing a swim diaper.

Aruba since 1979
    hi erinlen welcome to the aruba.com community forum

enjoy your stay at CL.

Quote Originally Posted by erinlenik View Post
    This will be my tenth trip to the Costa Linda, but my first with a child. My daughter will be 7 months old when we go to Aruba in two weeks, so I did some research on the swim diaper/pool situation. While she won't be allowed in the large adult pool, there is a nice kiddie pool where she can go while wearing a swim diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hi erinlen welcome to the aruba.com community forum

enjoy your stay at CL.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by erinlenik View Post
    When we went with the children back in '04, we stayed at Costa Linda and loved it! Didn't pay much attention to the pool rules since my girls were fully potty trained. But as the mother of 4, I have never had one of my children poop in a swim diaper but I always make sure they have had a good "movement" before taking a dip.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by darrwenn View Post
    ...I have never had one of my children poop in a swim diaper but I always make sure they have had a good "movement" before taking a dip.

Have fun!
    Boy, Id sure like to know how you managed that!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Boy, Id sure like to know how you managed that!
    Just lucky I guess. As babies they were never in the pool for very long and as they got older I wouldn't take them in if they were due for number two.

I only read the first post but that is complete BS.

If a diaper leaks and there is fecal matter in the pool, the pool only needs to be closed for an hour or two tops while the fecal matter is vacuumed and the pool shocked. Once normal chlorine levels are reached it is safe to swim.

I used to inspect swimming pools for a living for the county health department where I live.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast