Aruba Beach

Thread: Itinerary help

Itinerary help

So we are planning our first trip to Aruba as a family. I have two daughters, one 5 and one 8, and they're both pretty excited about the prospect. Would you recommend staying in one place, or traveling around to try to cram in as much as possible. We definitely want to sneak in some beach time! Thanks for the help

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Don't worry about sneakig in some beach time, thats all you should be doing.
    There's not alot to see, enjoy the beach at your resort.
    Where are you staying???? That will dictate alot about the beach time.

Dont worry plenty of time to do everything . My wife is a shopper and she is done in about half a day but do take the girls on a tour of the island that will take a day . Otherwise relax and have fun at the beach and pool just dont forget the sun block because you will burn in this area of the world very quickly and that would ruin your fun

Banned
    Stick around your resort and relax. Shop a bit downtown at sidewalk vendors first, before going over to mall. Bus cost $2.30 round trip each...kids might be less??? take depalm's "Discover Aruba bus tour" from 9 am to 1:30 PM when it is cooler. they have an afternoon one if you prefer. see gold mill ruins, caves, old natural bridge area, old chapel, lighthouse, neighborhoods, and finish up snorkeling for 30 minutes or so at baby beach. they pick you up and drop you off at your resort. see www.depalm.com for land/sea tours. maybe take the kids to the donkey farm or butterfly farm or maybe on the glass bottom boat. I'm sure you will want to return to Aruba. so save some tours to do on another trip too.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Don't worry about sneakig in some beach time, thats all you should be doing.
    There's not alot to see, enjoy the beach at your resort.
    Where are you staying???? That will dictate alot about the beach time.
    Thanks to all for the responses so far. To answer your question we haven't decided on a resort or direct location yet, that's part of why I'm on the board. I'm thinking now that a spot near a good beach would be best.

Thank you for the bus tour idea, too, janice, that sounds like fun.

Banned
    Go to the tamarijn all inclusive. you get to use the divi aruba also for free. kids under 18 stay and eat for free!! Saves you some money. see their website at www.megaresorts.com and mine at www.geocities.com/THEFEEL2002

Talking

When are you going? We will be at the Divi Dutch with our three girls ages 5,6 and 8 going July 5th

All good advice here. Our family of 10 was at the Tamarijn Resort over Christmas and New Years with an 11, 13, 15 and 18 year old. It was the first time to Aruba for the three oldest ones and they can do their fair share of whining. There was as much or as little do do as they wanted, and for the most part they were perfectly happy just hanging out on the beach and swimming for days on end. I was very pleasantly surprised.