Aruba Beach

Thread: Kid's Club

Kid's Club

Hello,

I've been searching around the hotel sites (and this forum) to see if any of the hotels on the island have a decent kid's club. I've been to Aruba four or five times before as an adult without childern but didn't pay much attention to the kid zones.

Our daughter is seven. I'm not looking for 24/7 place to dump my child all week but it would be nice to have some supervised time now and then should Mom and I want to have a massage or go for a long walk on the beach. It would be nice to know that the hotels have a few other kids around too. In the past, I've stayed at the Marriot, Holiday Inn and Occidental.

All inclusive or not is fine. I'm also trying to convince Mom that the Boardwalk Hotel looks like a really great little place and something all together different than the big resorts. I'm sure we can keep ourselves and our daughter busy for a week but thought I would check in here to see if anyone can provide some first hand experience. I have lots of information on donkey farms, the DePalm Park, etc.

Many thanks! Just doing this research has us all excited for a visit.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum bob!!

i do know for certain that the Renaissance Ocean Suites has a great kid's club, as does the Lacabana, Surf Club and the Tamarijn.
    I have seen the kids there......being kept busy, engaged, smiling, loud, having fun. It seems to me that face painting and tee shirt dyeing are the most fun.
    I do not know if the staff brings the kids into the pools.

I would not hesitate to enroll my kid (now age 29) into one of the programs for a few hours daily!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Hello,

I've been searching around the hotel sites (and this forum) to see if any of the hotels on the island have a decent kid's club. I've been to Aruba four or five times before as an adult without childern but didn't pay much attention to the kid zones.

Our daughter is seven. I'm not looking for 24/7 place to dump my child all week but it would be nice to have some supervised time now and then should Mom and I want to have a massage or go for a long walk on the beach. It would be nice to know that the hotels have a few other kids around too. In the past, I've stayed at the Marriot, Holiday Inn and Occidental.

All inclusive or not is fine. I'm also trying to convince Mom that the Boardwalk Hotel looks like a really great little place and something all together different than the big resorts. I'm sure we can keep ourselves and our daughter busy for a week but thought I would check in here to see if anyone can provide some first hand experience. I have lots of information on donkey farms, the DePalm Park, etc.

Many thanks! Just doing this research has us all excited for a visit.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Surf clubs kids club is FAR superior to the Suites. More activities, better kids pool, scheduled events.... Including a contest for the number of events you participate in. We own at both