Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LISA...Are you getting psyched???

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

LISA...Are you getting psyched???

Lisa, you must be so EXCITED...YOUR VACATION IS AROUND THE CORNER....Now tell me, will you post from vacation or are you going to veg and forget us?( I loved posted while there, I wanted everyone to FEEL the vacation with me)
    Post your plans so we all can think of you dailly. DD and DH must be thrilled that your time is near. I am so thrilled for you...
    And I am so Jealous( green w/envy)

Funny , you should bring up this subject.

The weather here in HOT'lanta, has become awfully hot. Low 90's each day, so will be looking to heading to Aruba to cool off!

Yesterday I was ironing some of dd and dh's clothes to bring with us to Aruba. WHY oh WHY do I insist on doing this? How idiotic?

Slugging away at the ironing board, upon arriving home with her new "pre-Aruba" hair trim, dd walked into the room and asked what she was wearing to the airport and on the airplane to Aruba. She already knew, so don't know why she asked. We have matching arubabound.com YELLOW polo shirts. The day before dh began making up the "aruba list to take". Now I receive "frequent" updates.

So then it pretty much hit me, time is getting closer!

I am off in a short time to pick up my new prescription sunglasses. All of the books for beach reading have been ordered from the library and are waiting for pick up, the music downloaded has been dowloaded to my new iPod (early anniversary present from dh, since mine just died )

Now, as far as posting while away...I will try. I was able to post pretty freely at Christmas time because Univ. of Phoenix was on holiday break. With job #1 being out for the summer, dh always takes on a heavy teaching load with the University of Phoenix.

Double edge sword, the money pays for some goodies, but he will have the computer turned on from 4 pm to 8 pm Monday - Thursday and 5 - 9 on Sunday. He is going to try to post his assignments and grades for students in the early a.m. but still has to be available to monitor classes and answer questions in the late afternoon. I figure my best bet will be to post while he is in the shower or at night while he pretends to read but his eyes are CLOSED.

Scheduled activities: Jolly Pirates, Island helicopter tour and new Aruba Off-Road tour in the "Tomcar". Dd has never been to the Natural Pool, so figured this was as easy a way as any to get there. Dh is allergic to horses , so that was out. With the rollbar, I pray it will be safter than ATV. Dh has driven there twice and would do it again for his dd, but was not too thrilled about the prospect.

Lisa,

I feel your husband's pain having to put in that schedule for the Univ. Wish there was another way....
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Lisa,

I feel your husband's pain having to put in that schedule for the Univ. Wish there was another way....
    Thank you SanNic. On the bright side he will be reading your book on the beach outside our room when he is NOT on the computer.

Have a great trip!
    I pack 2000 pages for 3 weeks and I am afraid I will come up 100 pages short on the flight home. For me no issue as flying Jet Blue to Boston on Saturday and will have to watch the movies.
    Oh well been a great trip, I have tried to stay up with the forum, and I will post a summary soon after returning.
    Oh yeah, have a great trip Lisa, the winds are working to cool us all down!
    Have Fun, Pete

Pete, hope you are having a great last day! Safe travels home.

Lisa,

Uh, oh, that's a lot of pressure on me. Maybe it's good I won't be on-island until July

Seriously, enjoy your trip. I appreciate all the work you do on the boards and first-hand info your provide. There's always those little things that I wondered about and then, shazaam, you put in with the answer.

Danki!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Hi Lisa,

Great last day, started in town this Am for some last minute Tee shirt and knick-knack shopping for presents. Spent the afternoon at the pool end of the Surf Club Lazy river. Ruth's Chris for an excellent early dinner. Back to the room for the cloudy sky sunset where the sky was fabulous with the combination of wispy clouds, vibrant colors, and the kite surfers preparing for the weekends events.
    Then reality snapped in and we spent 1.5 hours of high speed packing.
    Anyway, the island is warmed up, not a drop of rain in three weeks on the north side of the island, and as always the people are wonderful! It is so hard leaving after such a long trip.
    I hope you guys have a great visit!!!!
    Have Fun, Pete

Lisa,

Have a great time, I'm sure all your choosen choices for this trip will be terrific. Have a wonderful and happy anniversary ( how many years ?), you had mentioned you were going to celebrate at Passions. Well I will be looking for you when you can sneak he some time. I feel bad for DH having to look at work while on vacation, at least he'll be away from the daily routine stuff. As i said Have a great fun time, relax and enjoy your time.

Cool

This is scary! Need to go to Aruba in June to COOL OFF!!!

Right now...93 degrees in HOT'lanta with a heat index of 104.

Right now...Aruba is 87 degrees with a heat index of 97 degrees.

Of course AUA also had a tradewind blowing at 24 mph with 36 mph gusts.

Hmm where would I rather be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast